302 v8 distributor question

Does anybody know if there is a distributor/cap available for the 302 block where the HT connections exit on the side. I have a MSD distributor and a standard one but the top of them both fowl the crossmember on my KVA. Dont really want to move the crossmember if I can help it but may have too.

Thanks in anticipation of your help..

Mallory used to make a dizzy cap of the 'crab' design that was small in overall size, even their 'normal' cap was smaller in dia than the Ford production caps which might help in your case, they were available in twin point or electronic pickup etc as well.

I have found the crab cap on the websites but only seem to be made for the chevy engine at not the ford. Struggling a bit to find anything!!

Mike Pass

Supporter
MSD only do the crab cap for chevy now. They do several distributors some of which are lower in overall height.
Cheers
Mike

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
MSD make a small-cap distributor for the SBF. It is on my GT40's engine, for much the same reason. Would that help? It IS smaller in overall cap girth, maybe as much as an inch altogether. (not sure)

Have managed to find some room for the standard style distributor so may have a MSD optical for sale if anybody is interested, or may swap for a standard style electronic ignition distributor if suitable.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Back