Need help finding a relay switch

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Should've come to you guys sooner. I've been seaching all day for a new relay switch to replace one that went bad yesterday.

I run two Mallory fuel pumps for may EFI and each one has a relay switch. I was given these two relays and have no idea where to purchase them.

The only way I can describe it is that it's a pretty standard 5 pole relay but it's the type that has the snap together plug with a ribbed rubber seal. Basically a weatherized push lock connector \ relay.

For the life of me I can not find anything remotely similar. I don't know the name or manufacturer, ie Bosch :shrug: . It does have a part number and diagram but nothing to identify it with. It's oval shaped and about 1.5 times the size of your standard cubed shaped Bosch.

If you can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful :2thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0262_resize.jpg
    IMG_0262_resize.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0261_resize.jpg
    IMG_0261_resize.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0263_resize.jpg
    IMG_0263_resize.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0285_resize.JPG
    IMG_0285_resize.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 275
Tim
Piss it of and put a Bosch relay on.
As a rule I use the same relay on everything, if one fails I pull one out of someware else if I have to get out of trouble.
The time you have spent chasing it you could have had it done.

Jim

Last edited:

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Its a fairly common GM relay used on 88-07 trucks & cars for a variety of things like Fuel Pump, Cooling Fan, A/C, Foglamp, Starter, MAF etc.

Hit your local NAPA, it looks like part #'s ECH-AR279 or MPE AR279SB are a direct crossover, but I'd take the old one for a comparison match.

Last edited:

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
OMG, you guys are the best!! Ever have one of those days when anything you do makes you look like an idiot :jester: ...I had been searching Google all day with a '2' instead of '3' in the part number :furious:

Piss it of and put a Bosch relay on.
Jim Cowden, I was thinking the same thing by the time I got the brilliant idea to turn to my GT40s Forum Brethren :pepper:

Since I'm on the subject: Are connectors relays such as this, the rubber seal, always considered GM parts.

Howard Jones

Supporter
It does look like a "GM weather tight". I don't know much about current auto tech but I would expect that all of the manufactures use these or something similar.

Back