Need help with mounting LS6 ECU box

I have the GM ECU that has been remapped and I am looking for a good way mount it and it is such a funny shape making me wonder what you guys have used. Should I try to use some sort of anti vibration mount?

thanks,

You could try the wrecking yards for an LS1/LS6 Camaro mounting bracket for the year of your ECU. Manual shift, and you'll need to know the color of your harness plug (blue, etc.). I'm looking for one too.

sorry if this is a double post...

Chip,
Post a picture of PCM (that's the wording the car plant guys used) Performance Control Modual. I may be able to help you out on a way to mount it.
Dave

I wish it was a box or had flat sides but this is what I got to work with. I guess they were held in by a plastic bracket in the GM cars but I looked at one on ebay and I have got to do better. May make some L shaped brackets and screw into those fins and then mount it on a flat panel in the cockpit. But my engine is solid mounted, should I rubber mount this then to protect it?
DSC02233.jpg

Yes the factory uses a ugly style bracket then mounts it up under the dash. You could either drill thought the fins and mount it that way or make mounts into the small groves along the edge. Do mount it with rubber bushings or mounts if you mount it to a plate. Vibration will kill it, also try to mount it in a dry location or find a way to water proof the connections.

Chip,
Just looking at the box, it looked like the storage boxes that Radio shack has would fit the bill, but after measuring they fall one inch to short in length and width.
That's not to say you couldn't fabricate a box out of fiberglass though. Mount the Ecu and make a fiberglass cover and paint it black. There is a lot of fabrication/alteration that goes along with most of these cars.

Bill

I found this on a hod rod guys build. Fairly clean and better than what others I have seen. This should attach to the cockpit wall and work. But I will use some weatherstrip to help the virbraions from the solid motor mounts.
ECMBracket4.jpg

Back