finally its going to be an w198 racecar *road legal*

hello to all members,

we like to intodruce us to this great forum and itś members. at first, sorry for the bad english...we dont have to speak ( or write ) it very often ( unfortunately ) !!!

we are located in austria & adressed to engeneer and build rare vintage race cars or proprietary developments. this happens mainly in our free time, so the progress will be very slow. :veryangry:
First car to hit the streets & racetracks will be a merc w198 recreation, road legal because the hobby is too expensive to just use it as a trackday car.
Other models will follow, possible variations of the w198 as well as a new style of a streamliner referring to the BMW328.........so on:stunned:

so lets start with some appetisers

with kind regards from austria:thumbsup:

6304947717_3bee09090a_s.jpg
6305473196_d1cb261224_s.jpg
6305472878_f739813c62_s.jpg
6304948019_1efd7f456d_s.jpg

Last edited:
Bryan, Looks like a very cool project and car. I spent some time in Kirchdorf, Austria. Fantastic place nice roads too if I recall. Your car should be very happy playing on those roads! Good Luck with the project. If you need answers you'll get plenty of help here.

thank you "mr. Patton".....yeah the roads in western austria are great, unfortunately iám living near vienna ( east austria ).....so i have to go there, or maybe the new red bull racing circuit. it took us a long time to bring the body to this level. so it will need some time to mount it to the chassi & not to mention the registering process ( we do in germany ) because here in austria, itś quite impossible!!!

WOW that looks great... would be nice to see more of those cars on any road... bring some to the wild west... good building

Nice car!

DO you have any conection with the now dead gullwing.ch company?

What happened to them?

What will you use as chassis? The original looks terrific!

Olivier

..to Olivier >>> no connections to Gullwing.ch, at least i dont know them. some years ago there was a website called Gullwing.xx but except some Pictures....no further informationes.....!!!

..chassis >>> the build is meant to use a consting merc slk running gear, if you search for wheelbases of slk/sl300 <> you can see they are the same !!!

&&& finally this means you can simply register the "new" car on the slk admission as a body conversion. you can choose different types of engines (slk320 or amg ect.):shy: and you can modify them to your needs.....

...i will add some pics later, kind regards

***Olivier

as promised....some pics of car beeing made & what it could look like (i like the racing versions, because of it´s "simplicity" > you don´t need all this expensive things) (...and possible other versions like the open one > still less parts) use some mws_wire wheels & a bit historic touch ***voilà*** a great
new car is born :heart:

...as for the original chassis pics from the original frame (to difficult)

enginein3.jpg

messyint2.jpg

openracer3.jpg

racer12.jpg

racer212.jpg

proto2.jpg

oriChassi345.jpg

Back