Hello from the Netherlands

Thank you all for this wonderful forum! I've been reading for a longer period and since my build is soon going to start I want to keep you updated on a different project!

sorry to disappoint you all this early... It's not going to be a GT40, but with similarity to your cars. :shy:

Because the road admission regulations in the Netherlands are pretty strict to keep the original road approval and not have to get a new type approval we can only change a small part of the chassis (or body)

For about 12 years I'm building fast and race diesel engines for older cars. I've been building mechanical fuelpumps for TDI engines so that people can build them in their old cars without the electronics.
This is hobby for me and the earnings I use to pay for my own builds.

On my site are some pictures of projects: Smoketail Supplies. I hope to have a shop online within some months, but first I need to straiten things out with tax in the Netherlands.

For work I'm manager manufacturing engineering at John Deere the Netherlands and I'm travelling often to Iowa (des Moines) where our sister factory is.

Before this job and others I've been a Catia V5 CAD engineer for 7 years and I'm quite experienced with other CAD systems. I can make strength calculations and do simulations. From home we got a machine shop and I got friends that can CNC mill and latch and have good welding capabilities. Next to what I can do myself.

I got the goal to build a new car for myself and to show what I can do to my customers.

The idea is to build a sprint / trackday kitcar based on a beetle from 1963. With a mid places 2.5 V6 24v TDI engine with mechanical injection and a 01E transmission.

So I have to redesign the chassis to adapt the engine and be strong enough without altering a lot to the current design. WOW.... :shifty:

This Thursday the original Beetle will roll into my barn and from there I'm going to build.

I will keep you all updated if you are interested in this in a project topic.

Back