SL-C seat alternatives

Hello I have been looking at possibly buying finished upholstered
seats as it could be less expensive then getting the factory seats custom upholstered.
We do not have very good assortment of seats here to look at and I was wondering if any one has tried any of these in their cars or would know if they would work in the SL-C or what did you use that worked, picture's would be great if you have them.
Cheers,

Attachments

• blue seats.jpg
    blue seats.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Seats.jpg
    Seats.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 459
  • Sparco seats.jpg
    Sparco seats.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 362
Last edited:
Grant - I rev'd, courtesy of Allan, some dims on the SL-C "gentlemen's" seat. These are tape measure sizing -- so they are likely approximate: seats are 33" high, 24 " wide at the shoulders, 22" wide at the waist, 21" where you sit and across the front and 20" from the back of the seat along the bottom to the front bottom edge.

--- Sharkey

Grant,

Here is a .xls chart I developed several months ago. Seat dimensions are pretty critical. Side mounts give a little more headroom, etc.

Attachments

• Seat Dimensions.xls
    31.5 KB · Views: 355

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Here is a picture of the carbon fiber Tillett B5 going in my SLC this June. This seat can be used with a 3 point seat belt or a 5 point belt. Keep in mind that some States and Provinces do not allow a 5 point harness in a street driven car. I constructed the seat brackets from 1/4" thick aluminum rectangular tubing (cut in half) and the sliders are sold by OMP. Seat back angle is set at approx 45 degrees. If I track the car then I'll switch to solid mounted seat brackets if the rules dictate it. Complete seat as shown in picture is 22lbs.

002.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Ken. I like your brackets. Nice, simple, and clean.

I also considered that seat but went with the B4 instead for more side bolstering. The B5 will be considerably easier to get in and out of though and allow for a bit more "gentleman" shaped guys.

I had the B5's in my Lotus, and absolutely loved them. Despite the lack of padding, they were extremely comfortable! Looks will fool you.

I liked them so much that I bought the B4's for my SL-C. They are quite narrow (i.e. not a "gentleman's" seat), so make sure to check the dimensions on their web site before plunking down the cash.

Attachments

• IMG_4421.jpg
    IMG_4421.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_4422.jpg
    IMG_4422.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_4426.jpg
    IMG_4426.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 443
  • IMG_4425.jpg
    IMG_4425.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_4429.jpg
    IMG_4429.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 386
What's wrong with the stock seats and stock upholstery? Seems fine to me. I was intially looking at the CF Tillets like Tim used, but then I was like 'WTF am I paying that much for seats ..... stock is gooood :D '

Thanks for the input everyone and thank you Doc, the spread sheet will be great help.

Alex The seats don't come with upholstery any more.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Lady's and Gentlemen, I have a set of SLC seats, One normal size and one big butt size as supplied by Fran with my car. I will not need them and will sell them if you are interestrested. Both are as new. No holes etc. Pm or email me.

Just wondering if anyone has had a look at these seats, I am not able to check them out as no stores here stock them. They are new by Procar. If anyone can let me know if they'll fit, I would be forever greatful.
Procar by Scat
Cheers,

Here are my Cobra Misanos. I'm not sure if they are going to ultimately fit, but it seems they will have a chance. Otherwise, it will have been an expensive science project.

photobucket-1120-1337861227368.jpg

Thanks Al, I am a little to big for the stock seats. I can get into the large one as long as I leave it un-upholstered as for the small one no chance. I would like to have matching seats in both sides that I will fit in.

Roberto, please let me know when you do if the Cobra Misanos work, they are nice.

Thanks Guy's
Cheers

Roberto just looked them up $1700.00 per seat, Ouch ! and they are 23" wide you may have some issues. Let us know how it goe's, Best of luck.

Roberto, I wish you hadn't showed me your seats, I can't get them out of my head.
I found a different web site it gave the proper dimensions on your seats, I called a company in California and spoke to a Gentlemen about them, he gave me a education about seats. They should work, Now I just have to find a deal I can't refuse. You could feed a village in Africa for a year with the price of two of these. One thing is for sure, no one can dispute your taste for the finer things. So I am going wait for your confirmation on fit and possible issues. I see you selling the center console is that so you can fit the seats ?
Cheers,
Grant

Back