Shifter thread pitch?

I've got a aluminum shift knob that I'm interested in using, and it is available in M10x1.5, M12x1.5, and M12x1.25.

Can anyone tell me what the thread pitch is for the shift shaft of the SL-C?

Cheers

I think its sae 1/2". if i remeber right its course thread. the sparco knob i got had PP threaded inserts that adapted and it hasnt slipped.

Thanks Cam. Does the SL-C use all Standard/English hardware as opposed to metric? If so, looks like I will be buying all new tools as I only have metric.:sad:

Thanks Ken!

Well, maybe it's time to garage sale for tools being that I would have no other use for new.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Ben -

If you want to replicate the shift knob you're interested in with the correct thread I know of an excellent machine shop in Hugo that can probably make one for you.

Dave L

Shane sells aluminum shift knobs for the porsche and Ricardo transaxles and that fits onto the cable shift shifter. I have one, it's awesome.

Thanks Dave! PM me with the details when you get the chance.

Alex: Sorry for my ignorance, but who is Shane? Any photos of the knobs, or does he have a web site in which I can see them?

Ohhh, I like that Alex, and it's a less expensive option than I was considering. My plan was to get a knob from a Lotus Elise (I still miss my car) and tap it out. Thanks!

Thanks Alex! I looked high and low for shift knobs with the 1/2-20 thread, and came up empty, so I had those made up. I'm all sold out of the 6spd shift knobs. Have lots of the 5spd knobs left and a few of them blank with no shift pattern engraved. Not sure whether I'll ever order another batch of them to be made or not, so what I have on hand might be all that ever exists........

Guys,

I've been looking to replace my knob too - I've seen a number of them on ebay.

Search on "20 1/2 knob" on ebay motors!

Good luck

John
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back