Shock settings

What are you guys setting your QA1 compression and rebound settings at? I would like to have a good starting point as I'm headed to the track next week. My shocks have 28 clicks on each knob.

Dean - is next weekend the run-n-gun event? If that's what you're attending keep your eyes on (if they are attending) Scott Holley, in his superformance cobra and John Meyers, Brunton Stalker. Both are good guys, good drivers and have well set-up cars.

Sharkey----

Yeah, I know those guys. I have been to quite a few events with all of them. This isn't the Run and Gun event, just some guys getting together to drive on the track. Run and Gun will likely be in the fall.

Hey Dean,
I didn't realize there were 28 clicks. Unless someone with some track time can chime in, I would set both right in the middle. Run some laps and adjust and then repeat. Just my 2 cents.

Let us know how it goes. We know the fuel pump will work!

Have fun, be safe.

Thanks Wayne,

That is probably a good idea. I think I posted the settings for the GT40 a couple a years ago. I think it was 7 or 8 clicks compression and 11 rebound. I had sway bars on the 40 so that will matter a little but it would be a place to start.

The problem I have is that I don't trust my driving skills to be able to feel when it is loose or tight at the beginning or end of the corner. I do recognize the " oh shit I'm going to fast to make it!" feeling! I guess at that moment, if you make it your set right, if you don't, well back to the pits!

Any of your track buddies have corner weight scales and know how to use them - having a well balanced car with you in it has it's benefits. Softer suspension settings if you like to ride the corner rumble strips. Personally I'd likely err on the side of a softer setting at first and adjust stiffer from there - re: start at the middle to lower setting. IIRC you changed your stock springs also. It's a lot of trial & error. How about you guys with track SL-C experience - it's awful quiet out there and I'm watching this thread.

I have scales and I need to do that today. I will do the alignment when its on the scales. I will have the car leveled and it will get more accurate alignment numbers.

I was hoping to hear from Cam as well.

Back