SLC Performance Figures

I thought it might be interesting to start a thread where SLC owners could post some performance figures. I think that it would be cool to hear some stats such as 0-60 times, 0-100 times (if anyone has tested this yet), lap times (even if they're local [to you] tracks), or any other applicable stats. I understand that with a car like the SLC (with few/no driver aids), there will be some variation among cars and driver ability comes into play. I also understand that some people argue that these stats are useless and don't tell the full story of the car. Regardless, I'm just interested to see what kind of responses we can get. :D

It might also be helpful to list the engine, trans, and tire choice in your post as well.

That's an easy one....If my car does not measure up as fast enough....I plan in lying through my teeth! :angel:

Not an SLC, but my SL Razor does 0-60 in about 3.5 as it sits now. Granted, it still needs a tune (good for 50+ hp------my car is NOT tuned; running around 225+- hp). Top speed is limited to 145mph (wheel size and engine rpm). Don't ask me how I know...... Handling??? Well, other than some under steer at certain speeds, it's way tighter than my C6 Corvette ever was. I hate to use this analogy; but yes, it feels like it's on rails.

Not an SLC, but my SL Razor does 0-60 in about 3.5 as it sits now. Granted, it still needs a tune (good for 50+ hp------my car is NOT tuned; running around 225+- hp). Top speed is limited to 145mph (wheel size and engine rpm). Don't ask me how I know...... Handling??? Well, other than some under steer at certain speeds, it's way tighter than my C6 Corvette ever was. I hate to use this analogy; but yes, it feels like it's on rails.

I am guessing the SL-R will at least in the handling and braking department be better than the SLC just be the simple fact that it weighs almost half as much, and being that it's 72" in width, it has a pretty wide track. (Given the same type tire compound)

I may (and hope), to be wrong on this, and that the SLC's handling is on par if not better than the SLC (mostly because I bought an SLC..lol), but I believe this is an answer only Fran or someone else who has driving both could attest to.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Two different cars with different strengths and weaknesses

The SL-R really is a pocket rocket and on a tighter track where top speed is limited its pretty stunning...it really is a four wheeled motorcycle
When coming up with the chassis and suspension , I really wanted a car that had a wide footprint and a more aggressive balanced stance compared to many other other type cars that are pretty narrow and have much smaller wheel and tyre packages.

The SL-C has real aero advantages and is much more of a high speed weapon than the Razor....and as a road car far more civilised.
The full potential of both cars has yet to be realised as there are always new ideas coming from you, our customers about what you want your car to become....and many of you are making it happen.
Neither car will make you more virile , have better hair or make you better looking but they will both destroy the established preconceived ideas of what a hand built,in your own garage car is truly capable of.

The only thing that will beat it. Well in my age group any ways. Is playing electric guitar in a band and owning a Harley. It don't matter how you look. To a 20 some thing year old woman. You are a god.

I really do not think the SLC will help me. Most people up here have never seen a Ferrari in person. My first one was last spring. Woman up here don't get as giddy over cars up here. Its all pickup trucks they get giddy over.

Thanks for the laugh Fran. I might have to do it. I do plan on buying a truck for as needed use only. I should get a bumper sticker for the truck that says. My other car is a 200 mph super car.

I thought it might be interesting to start a thread where SLC owners could post some performance figures.
I'm not an owner, but this reminded me of Rolls Royce quoting the power output of one of their engines. They merely said "adequate". That should cover almost all SLCs :)

I'm not an owner, but this reminded me of Rolls Royce quoting the power output of one of their engines. They merely said "adequate". That should cover almost all SLCs :)

I'm in the opposite camp. I first heard the quote that follows from Monte Barrett, builder of high performance aircraft engines. I think he was quoting someone else:

"The internal combustion engine is a mechanical device of insufficient power."

JR

I completely agree with the above statement, especially considering weight and power. The Pratt & Whitney PT6 weighs less than the Lycoming IO540 and produces more than three times the shaft HP.

The Pratt & Whitney PT6 weighs less than the Lycoming IO540 and produces more than three times the shaft HP.

Er... Monte (who builds recips only and not turbines) was referring to the fact that he's always looking for MORE.

But you probably knew that... ;-)

JR

Yes sir, I did figure that :). I also read insufficient as inefficient....which is very true for internal combustion engines. Anyone want to put a turbine in an SLC?

Back