SLC Performance Figures

Yes sir, I did figure that :). I also read insufficient as inefficient....which is very true for internal combustion engines. Anyone want to put a turbine in an SLC?

Er... Turbines are great if your definition of "efficiency" is horsepower per pound of engine weight. A Top Fuel motor makes about ten horsepower per pound at full chat. Is that "effficient?

If "efficiency" mean pounds of fuel per horsepower per hour, turbines don't look so good, ESPECIALLY at part-throttle.

Range of a turbine SLC would be pretty dismal, I would think. It would be a hoot, though...

JR

Er... Turbines are great if your definition of "efficiency" is horsepower per pound of engine weight. A Top Fuel motor makes about ten horsepower per pound at full chat. Is that "effficient?

If "efficiency" mean pounds of fuel per horsepower per hour, turbines don't look so good, ESPECIALLY at part-throttle.

Range of a turbine SLC would be pretty dismal, I would think. It would be a hoot, though...

JR

Well if Jay Leno needs another jet car maybe Fran can give hime a call

I know this is a "little" off topic, but what do you think the SLC compares to in limited production cars that are similar (Saleen, Molser, Noble) in terms of handling and braking? You can't really narrow down HP, because a stock LS1 vs a modded LS7 are light-years away from one another, and owners will have from one side of the spectrum to the other)

Being that I can only vicariously live/drive one (Funny, because I actually own one, but am overseas, and can't build it yet), I've been killing what spare time I have with Forza 3/4. I was actually quite impressed how well they are getting with sims.

I have ran on Sebring (both in real life and the game) with my lightly modded 240sx (280hp, coil-overs, brakes, weight reduction), and speced the 'sim' 240sx as close as I could to the real one, and to tell you the truth, it was pretty close. The speeds were maybe 5mph off on most the turns and the straights. So........

On Forza I have access to a Mosler, a Noble, a Joss (I think that one would be close, heck, it even looks like it), and a Saleen, and they are handle quite differently from one another. Any ideas what the SLC would come close to in handling and braking?

Yes, I apologize in advance, but when you are stuck in the middle of nowhere, sometimes virtual is all you have.

On Forza I have access to a Mosler, a Noble, a Joss (I think that one would be close, heck, it even looks like it), and a Saleen, and they are handle quite differently from one another. Any ideas what the SLC would come close to in handling and braking?

There's also an Ultima on Forza 4. Try that.

Back