Paddle shifting options...

None...unless you want to go full race....then Xtrac, Emco and Sadev....ALL straight cut dog boxes ....and the least expensive is $26,000 for the trans alone.
That does not include the shifter or software to run the system.

How about this... (yeah, it's mine!)

NEW Transaxle to suit LS Series engine FOR SALE

Elite Racing Transmission's 6 Speed SEQUENTIAL with internal oil pump, solenoid reverse lock-out, and Gear knob (with lock out control button). Includes Digital gear indicator. Input shaft is for the LS series engine, and has been designed with the Albins Bell housing and 20mm adapter plate from the factory. The 'box is geared to 293kph at 7800rpm. Output flange seals have been updated since delivery (by the factory).

Hydraulic release bearing included (ex-factory). Full workshop manuals, part drawings, CAD files, all included. Gearbox can be used for mounting suspension directly to it. The mounting points are exactly the same as the Hewland NLT, with extras too.

Gears are straight cut, with dog engagement. Output flange PCD is same as Porsche / Holden.

There are 2x adapter plates supplied with this gearbox - 1x large plate with chassis mounting points, and 1x small plate (profile cut around bell housing).

I was going to use the Geartronics set up, however this trans is no longer required.

Brand new, never run. $14,000 - crated, and ready for transport.

Would be great in an SLC. Just saying... :)

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Sort of makes one take a second look at a slush-box with a shift-kit installed in it eh?

Wow... A lot of bucks!!!

I wouldn't trust any 'sequential shifters' other than from Geartronics.... but be ready with your wallet....

You can daily drive dog boxes more than people think, straight cut gears is another story though and personally I don't think I could stand it but a helical cut dog box, sure.

Aren't most motorcycles straigh cut gears with dog engagement? Maybe it is the "open air" enviornment of a bike, but I have never noticed any objectional gear noise on any of the motorcylces I have owned (19, and counting).

Yes they are but because there is so much other noise going on, you don't notice it. Ever hit the kill switch down a fast road and heard how loud everything still is!

We will be running a full sequential transaxle in the SLC-01 race car this year ...
Sadev...same supplier as used in the WRC Citroen and also many of the high HP offroad vehicles in the Paris Dakar rally.

The Pescarolo LMP cars also use them ,so these guys appear to have a good handle on a wide range of power and conditions in which to develop their transaxle.

This upgrade should be worth a good 1-2 seconds a lap for the race car....I am really looking forward to this season...

Its a custom built unit based on their SL90-20 AND SL90-23

I am not installing paddles...I am keeping a mechanical connection between the driver and the trans and using a bump lever.
The trans is $26k expensive but its much less than half the cost of a domestic Xtrac or Emco....

Last edited:
Guys a sequential box in a road car is quite easy to drive and not all that noisey, I had a 6 speed Quaife sequential dog box in my Fraser 7, coupled to a 300hp 2 ltr Toyota and it was the best thing I ever fitted to the car, give you a chubby you could chop wood on. I didn't go the floppy paddle route though , I much prefered the bump lever.

cheers John

Back