Oil Cooler

Michael Fling

Supporter
I have the Racing Innovations thermostatclly controlled adapter (180 degrees). I spoke with them today after Will had discussed how it might be best to incorporate my Accusump in conjunction with an oil cooler that uses the thermo adapter. I was thinking… adapter "out" to the cooler… from the cooler to a "T" that routes to the Accusump and back to the "in". However, Will's concern was how the Accusump may act when oil is diverted below 180 degrees. Has anyone tried this set up?

Michael Fling

Supporter
This should solve the problem:

1. Oil Accumulator Adapter for LS Engines. Oil will constantly run from this adapter.

2. Then it will run it to a thermostat like this Mocal unit:
BAT, Inc. - MOCAL Oil Coolers

3. Then run the lines to and from the thermostat to the oil cooler.

4. On the line running out of the thermostat back to the engine, plumb in the t-check valve and the accusump.

If anyone has the Setrab model I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
This should solve the problem:

1. Oil Accumulator Adapter for LS Engines. Oil will constantly run from this adapter.

2. Then it will run it to a thermostat like this Mocal unit:
BAT, Inc. - MOCAL Oil Coolers

3. Then run the lines to and from the thermostat to the oil cooler.

4. On the line running out of the thermostat back to the engine, plumb in the t-check valve and the accusump.

Now.. if anyone has the Setrab model I would appreciate it.

removed after fully reading string-
http://www.improvedracing.com/coole...ler-thermostat-for-ls-engines-180f-p-209.html

I did have a two 650's but each would have to have been shoe-horned in the space in front of the rear wheels to get direct airflow and in the end was a bit overkill. I have since replaced them with two 640's. Part number 50-640-7612. You may want the -an adapters and rubber bushed mounts too.

An n/a LS powered car may only need one cooler but my needs are a bit different with a turbo powered rotary.

The 625's are a pretty good fit. Make a bracket to come off of the upper chassis tube, and it's a piece of cake to mount adjacent to the side scoops.

Is one 625 sufficient for an LS7, or are two required?

I am planning to install the dry sump tank on the right side, which would not leave any room for a cooler by the right side scoop.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
One is more than sufficient. There would be less plumbing if you mounted it on the drivers side. Be sure to add a thermostat control valve. Many C6 Corvette owners complain that in the spring and fall in cooler temperatures their oil doesn't get up to temperature with a remote cooler.

Last edited:
One is more than sufficient. There would be less plumbing if you mounted it on the drivers side. Be sure to add a thermostat control valve. Many C6 Corvette owners complain that in the spring and fall in cooler temperatures their oil doesn't get up to temperature with a remote cooler.

Yep! Drivers side...

Same idea. If you could visualize a plate of 3/16th aluminum sort of kidney shaped,
bolted to that upper chassis rail in place of the square tube show is what I had in mind. Performs the same function, just a bit more stylized.

Back