Serial Number Plates

G

Does anyone have pictures and/or complete descriptions (size and content) of the serial number plates on the original Mark I's. Also, the position on the chassis where they were fixed. Car is close to completion and am working on some of the finer details.

Ben

Hi Ben

Go to the GT40 Enthusiast Club site and look at cars for sale. They show the plate.

Ben, in 1994 I got a ride in what I think was GT40P/1004 (vented roof). I'm still buzzing over it! I dug out the pictures I took and the ID plate was mounted in the engine compartment, on the left pillar upright above the fuel pumps, just before the pillar leans back toward the rear of the car. I checked the pics of the GT40's for sale on the Enthusiast's site and the plates were on the right side. These cars are Mark V's so I'm not sure why the change.

By the way, I shipped your headlight cover set today so it should be there in 2-3 days.

G

Ben

What type of chassis plate do you want to use ? FAV or J.W. Automotive.? The majority of plates are to the drivers side engine bulkhead level with your right shoulder when seated in the car, But some are in the engine compartment at the side of the water header tank,

4571359-e018-028001E0-.jpg

4571355-ecf7-028001E0-.jpg

These were both in the drivers door entry area on this car that was photographed Oct 2001. The car is wearing the Gulf colors because the owner was aked to use the car in an ad adn the ad agency picked up the bill. As you can see this is no trailer queen and the photos were taken in between the open track sessions at Willow Springs Raceway.

G

Paul,
I was thinking FAV but all I've seen have been JW Engineering.

Ben

G

Thanks guys,

I now have enough info to run with. This board is responible for me being at least three months ahead of schedule on the car and I greatly appreciate the willingness of the members to share their expertise and knowledge.

Ben

Back