GT40 roadster

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum,

im looking to get some more information on a car, Is there anyone in the us that can authenticate a car? I will be calling Allen Grant soon to double check a few things with him and ask him a ton of questions along with two more people in the uk from who parts were purchased from. To be transparent I have a client that claims to have an original gt40 roadster prototype, I have seen the car in person and through the restoration process. I have done my own research and it does make sense and I will be tracking down people to try and make a full story, I don't want to publish a chassis number yet until I have more information. Mostly as of now im just looking for people I can contact directly. My client did speak to someone at ford racing or ford motorsport but cant seem to remember his name. i will be updating this thread along the way and with anything this old there is some interesting information.

Attachments

• IMG_9487.jpg
    IMG_9487.jpg
    997.7 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_9439.jpg
    IMG_9439.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 355
  • IMG_9502.jpg
    IMG_9502.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 350
  • IMG_9522.jpg
    IMG_9522.jpg
    1,015.4 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:
does anyone know how to get in contact with Ronnie Spain? ive done some looking and havent been able to find much on him.

the front suspension and chassis looks off to me
I'd need to see more photos to be absolutely 100% but at first glance that doesn't appear to be genuine.

Regards,

Graham.

i have a ton more pictures ill post a few more so i have a story on the car that seems to make sense with a lot of research i have been doing but you all know how that goes. i will be posting info up

Attachments

• IMG_4444.JPG
    IMG_4444.JPG
    360.3 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_4445.JPG
    IMG_4445.JPG
    443.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_9531.jpg
    IMG_9531.jpg
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 276
By my knowledge, 5 roadsters GT/108 GT/109 GT/110 GT/111 & GT/112. All look different.
Nostril is odd for a GT40 also.

Agreed from everything I've read 5 cars were built, when you say nostril what do you mean? The body on this car should match GT 109 from when Dean Jeffries owned it before the second restoration when mecum bought it. Here is 109 at laguna seca around 2003

Attachments

• 10170jeffreis_fr.jpg
    10170jeffreis_fr.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 263
i have a ton more pictures ill post a few more so i have a story on the car that seems to make sense with a lot of research i have been doing but you all know how that goes. i will be posting info up

Hi,

Based on these latest photos I can tell you that this is definitely not an original roadster. All the roadsters were prototypes yet this chassis has production features which were not introduced until later.

Regards,

Graham.

Agreed so there is a story to why this is but i need to get more information before i share that so hoping the people on my list can help me and then i can share

If I remember correctly when Dean Jeffries owned the car it was fitted with a Ford Indy engine. Not that someone couldn't have changed it the question is why would you. Also weren't some roadsters converted to coupes?

If I remember correctly when Dean Jeffries owned the car it was fitted with a Ford Indy engine. Not that someone couldn't have changed it the question is why would you. Also weren't some roadsters converted to coupes?

I've herd mixed stories about it yes it did no it didn't. Yea I think I read one or two were converted to a coupe but then converted back for restoration

Neil

Supporter
I've herd mixed stories about it yes it did no it didn't. Yea I think I read one or two were converted to a coupe but then converted back for restoration
Horsman stated that their "Le Mans" camera car that they cut the roof structure off was poorly handling due to its resulting lack of stiffness. After filming the roof was re-installed.

Back