Forum Categories

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Folks,

Just for information, please keep "on topic" for a particular forum so we can keep everything categorized. I'll go through and delete posts that are out of place from time to time, please inform me if there are some that I miss. I want our forum to remain free and open, ie, no censorship, but I will remove posts that end up in the wrong area. Thanks for making the forum so successful!!

Can anyone get us listed in on the the KitCar magazines? Or any other car magazines?

Thanks,

Ron

Ron,
This site will continue to grow quickly.
the cobra forum had about the same start as you according to the archives. I believe that
you need to start selling banners so that
the businesses can advertise. You
need to do this to off set the cost of
running this site. If you don't do that then
you will need to have a subscription
rate to join. I for one am truly greatful
for this site and I will gladly pay a
subscription fee. Where else can you get
such a wealth of GT40 knowledge? An open
forum such as this is an asset to anyone
building this type of car.
I hope that none of the files that you
intend on removing do not have any worth
while info in them. Unless it is a space
issue I would leave them as they are.

Hersh
smile.gif

I agree completely,I would rather leave things as they are and pay a subscription fee.There are so many small tips that are mentioned as sidebars ,all of them are extremely relevant to anyone building a car.Also thank you to a superb band of fellow lunatics for keeping me inspired.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Guys,

Maybe I sent the wrong message. I'm not wanting to remove any files, it is just keeping the posts in the right place.

As an example (MDA please forgive) MDA posted some info on his GT40 business in the "Consumer Watch" forum. I removed it, sent him email, and advised where to post it. That one belongs in the ALL GT40 category. I don't want the "For Sale" section to get junked up with posts that are not about things for sale. Etc.

I will not remove posts, good or bad, on the forum. I for one am a serious proponent of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, particularily the First and Second amendments (interpreted as indivdual, not otherwise as many folks wish) and will not censor the posts.

Yes, I'd love it if BLACKJACK and JAYSCOBRAS (love you both but I'll send each of you a new keyboard if you'll use it) could figure out how to use the caps lock key, but I'm not going to hassle over it or any other little things.

However, I do hope that we don't get to the point where we argue about BB vs. SB every day (or in our case ERA vs RF vs CAV, etc.), have tons of inside jokes, and basically use the Forum as a message board. My personal opinion is that a lot of the stuff I read or see on the Cobra Forum and Club Cobra (I like them both!) could be done through private email. The S/N ratio is sometimes very low there at times.

As for advertising, good point. Yes we'll have to go this route for sure or take up a $10 or so fee from members. I'd like to offset the out of pocket expenses somewhat but it isn't all that necessary. GT40s.com isn't a business, but it isn't a money pit either (building that out in the garage). I just want to make sure we pay for the board, maintenence time, and software.

Anyhow, I hope the Forum continues to grow and it is damn exciting to see all the interest in GT40s over the past year. I wish I'd had this resource 2 years ago - it would have given me a clearer picture of the market. It wouldn't have changed my path or direction, but it would have been nice to use.

Take care,

Ron

Ron,
Keep up the good work. I love the site and check it out atleast once a day. Where do I send the $10.00
John

Ron, Sorry bout that, didnt realize it was not for what i'd put in it. I thought i'd launch somewhere, and it seemed a good place to me. It's all a bit new to me, I'm not a frequent web user and still getting to grips with jargon, tech etc. I'm Comp friendly, though surfing was done twenty years ago on my local beach! well till i discovered Cars, Girls etc, and that is another story! I look forward to guidance from other members as I don't know a fraction, but willing to learn.
Thanks and regards
Mark

Ron Rowse

No Longer Available
Ron
I have spent thousands of dollars traveling the world collecting GT40 parts and info over the last 10 years and then along came this site. I would be more than willing to pay to keep this site going. And help with expenses.I would be one of your more isolated members as I am in the middle of Australia 1500klms to anywhere But there is no speed limit in this part of the world and most of the highways are straight for 100 to 150 klms so it great for GT40s.Please keep up the great work as I need this site.

Ron Rowse

I'd be more than happy to subscribe. Banners and adverts?!! Please don't go that route. Talk to us first. Thank you for all your effort.
Greg

G

okay, okay!!! i get the message. it's just that both blackjack and myself are known on the other forums by our style. since it is your forum, i will abide by your wishes and try to refrain from the caps. i can't talk for jack though. he is a little more headstrong than i am, especially if he's in the raki.

maybe if i could ever figure out how to post pics here, i wouldn't feal so insecure but that's another matter entirely. after all, i am so totally insecure
wink.gif

j (ay in the effort to save space
smile.gif
)

Back