GT 40 MK IV anyone ?

Hello everyone.
I am a South African living and working in the UK in the motorsport industry. I have a deep rooted passion for racing and GT40's, and am fortunate enough to be working for a company that produced a rather remarkable
MK I tribute to the BREED some years back, namely the RML GT40.
I would love to build a MK IV replica and would like to appeal to anyone out there for more information on them, other than what is common knowledge and freely available in books and magazines.
I particularly want photo packs or drawings if possible.

Thanks in advance
cool.gif

Hi Trevor

Send photo's to my new e-mail and I will post them here.

The new RML Bellhousing for the ZF DS25/2 to small block Ford is an item that will be wanted by members of this forum I know of two people that will require them.

Regards Chris

fe11ec2b.jpg

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Chris,,
Sorry, close, but no cigar. This is close but is different enough to not be a REAL Mk IV replica.

I suppose that someday, someone will get it right. And then they can offer a "J" car version!

Rick

Chris-

Do you have any more information on the MkIV replica? Who makes it, engine/trans, cost?

That is one beautiful car!!

Bill D

Agree,That ‘MK IV’ body just doesn’t look right. Frame and suspension looks pretty cobbled up as well.
confused.gif

I have chased up this particular car, but it hardly seems worthwhile. In my opinion it is too far removed from the original to pass any scrutiny or to have any use as a master from which to produce a more authentic version. I do have an ambition to build a really nice tribute to the MK IV and then to make a kit available at some point in the future.
Once again an appeal for any info.....photos, drawings, contacts ?

I know there are guys out there with the taste for something a little different, the MK IV is also a GT40 afterall.

Ron Earp

Admin
Am I the only one, but does anyone else consider MK4 ugly? For the the GT40 stopped being a GT40 at the MKIII stage.

Ron

G

Ron

I don't consider the MK IV ugly...purposeful is the word that comes to my mind.

In my worthless opinion, the P-4 and the GT40
were the last of the "pretty" race cars.
After that, wind tunnels dictated form,
and styling took a back seat.

I believe that's why there is so much affection for the GT40. You can tell what
it is instantly by it's shape.
You can't say that anymore about today's
purpose built race cars.

MikeD

G

i think its a wonderful idea. i love the MK IV. its a very cool looking car. a stroked 351W with a G 50/50 would do just fine for me.

luis lopez

Back