Wayne - Motor results

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey Wayne,

I was wondering how your dyno test went on your Coast motor and injection? Have you got any results or a baseline with which to work yet? Thanks,

Ron

I got 4 pulls and lost a head gasket. I pulled the heads and replaced the headgaskets today and will put the rest of it back together tomorrow. It did pull 313ft/lbs @4000rpm and 282 RWHP at 4800rpm whic was as high as we were running it. THe curve was still going way up. We were just getting a baseline fuel air ratio by running it between 2000-4800 rpm when it lost a headgasket.

Ron Earp

Admin
Sorry to hear that Wayne, that is a PIA. I hope that you can get everything back together quickly, I'm sure the motor will make a lot of power. Are you using a A/F gauge in the car for realtime monitoring while driving? This might be a good way to get a baseline before stress on the dyno.

This is one of the things I thought about as far as building the car and getting it running. I might slap a good old Edlebrock or Demon carb on just to tool around and get all the squeaks, rattles, and adjustments done. Then put on the injection or webers and tweek it up.

Good luck with getting everything going and I hope that it makes some good power!

Ron

[ February 16, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

Ron, the dyno had a wideband O2 sensor hooked up when we did the pulls and the AF wasn't that far off. The car didn't exibit any lean surge or popping in normal street driving and was at 15:1 on the first pull and we kept adding fuel and were at 14.2:1 when the headgasket let go. We never heard a rattle or saw any black puffs out the exhaust to indicate any detonation.

Back