Ford GT40 on display in Boston

Anyone in Boston or closeby may want to check it out. At the Gund Hall Gallery of the Harvard Design School in Cambridge, there is a white with blue striped GT40 (new ford concept). It is there to celebrate Harvard's Design School's award for "Excellence in Design." I believe it will be on display through April 7th. It is truly an unbelievable machine.

I have never seen an original or replica GT40 up close to compare. But, I wouldn't mind one in my garage.

Hi Jon
sounds like this one.
Chris
fde90e3a.jpg

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Mark,
If you do get a chance to visit the Boston GT40, please make sure to bring your camera. Hopefully you will be permitted to get some tight shots which can be put up on the board. Many of us are wondering about the details such as what the chassis looks like, type of suspension components (supposedly from the Ford parts bin) etc.

Thanks,
Blue

I took about 25 shots or so of the car with my digital camera. You can get right up to the car, but not see inside it very well. The windows are heavily tinted.

I hope this works...
fde909ac.jpg

I have alot more.
Chris, if it doesn't work, I'll send them to you to post.

[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: Jon ]

[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: Jon ]

Thanks Jon

Good photo's, I think the rear wheel's and the arch look too large but the rest of the car look's ok.
Chris
rolleyes.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Very pretty, indeed. This car doesn't have an interior or running gear, isn't that right? I think the yellow one is the only complete one that actually runs.
"Theme Park" wheels, like the man said, but otherwise pretty darn nice looking. Not as good-looking as the original, though.

The car did have a finished interior from what I could tell. Here is the best pic that I could get of it. Sorry, it turned out as it did, but the heavy tint prevented a good shot.

fde911b8.jpg

Hi Jon

Can you post the photo's? if not e-mail them to me and I would be happy to post them.

Chris

I like the new car, but for being as much bigger than the original as it is, it sure looks "cluttered" inside. I'll take the simplier and "functional" look of the original recipe, thanks.

Dave

Wow, nice supercharger.
I agree, it is a little cluttered, but hey, Ford are building it, so it's their problem, not ours.
The interior is very smooth as well, and overall I think the car will certainly shift the eyes of the would-be Viper/ZO6 buyer to a bit of Ford legend.

G

I don't think Ford will have trouble converting Viper and Vette owners. In fact, I have a 2000 Vette Convertible, and all I can think about these days is a new GT40. The only question, is will the GT40 be priced to compete with the Viper and Vette?
Since my funds are limited but my desire for the car isn't, my only question is: how long will I have to live on macaroni 'n cheese and ice cubes to be able to park one of these in our garage?

Back