Front and rear clip struts

Remember in the past on this forum that it was asked if someone had designed a gas strut for the front and rear clips.
Not sure if there was an answer but will ask if anyone has had this manufactured and if so "How and where was it located and can we reproduce the design.

Regards
Glayne

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I too would love to hear from anyone who has found gas strut assemblies which work for front & rear clips.

I have checked out the struts on all our friends' 4WD's rear hatches & haven't found anything with a suitable length & travel yet.

Peter D.
smile.gif

Thanks Wayne for the past referance with the gas struts which have given me the idea for the locations.
When time permits could you please measure the length and stroke as I have found a manufacturer who is willing to do the job on the cheap as long as he can have a ride when I have finished the car.
Thanks
Glayne

Peter
If wayne can give us the figures I will attempt to ask for another set of struts for you. From the photo's do you feel they will suit your Kit.
Glayne

Glayne, thanks for the offer but the picture is of my car. I'll measure them a little later.

Back