Grattan lap times

I just spent the weekend at a drivers ed event at Grattan. Was wondering if anyone has any lap times from an SLC on that track. Just curious where it would fall within what some of the other cars were running.

A.J.

My son was up there with the Nissan team the Z car did 1:32.4 but 3 balls racing who put the event on and have the fastest thing up there, but don't know what there time was, its a frame with wheels and v 8

I was going to take mine, but when I talked to them last month, Sunday was sold out and I didn't want to go just for one day, next year ill go, next year my son will have a tricked out RX 7 and my 20 B SLC, and reserve earlier for the 2 days.

Last edited:
The frame car is Ken's, the 3 Balls leader. I overheard him bantering with another guy, teasing who had the faster time. He said he was running 1:22. Apparently the other was running 1:23s.

Gary, I would have been in heaven if you would have showed up. I messaged you earlier in the year about possibly stopping by to see your car. If I would have known you were looking to run last weekend, I may have been able to get you a slot? I was under the impression Saturday sold out first. Initially I wasn't planning on using my Sunday slot but wound up running for half the day. Some great cars there Sunday, Ralph Gilles showed up with his Viper and a few other fancy rides in his posse.

If your son is with the Nissan guys, I may have seen them at a few other events this year.

My son Chris, goes to all them, his girlfriend in a engineer at Nissian, and is on the team, he goes to support her, tho he is a racer, was a Pro motorcycle rider, still stays in shape, he mostly helps them work on the car, tho they don't do much to it, check air pressure, they dont seem ambisious and want to change anything. So I decided to build him a RX7, which we have now, building the motor up now, just a 2 rotor tho, so he can participate in next year instead of standing around taking pictures, he would rather race his motorcycle tho. I contacted them a month before the event, but said they were sold out for Sundays event, but next year ill be with him on some, especially at Mid Ohio, thats a hour or so away from me. Car is running great, 0-100 in around the 7 second range if roads are clean, you can still stop over anytime, I work everyday at my shop. Ill be taking the body off once the snow flys, to finish it up,change some wiring since I changed the ECU to Haltech from Microtech, finish up the interior, seal up the body, make it a little quieter on the inside but I love driving it, not going to put windows in it, or the back window either, one less thing I have to clean, and I don't have air on it, I have almost 1300 miles on it.

Back