Front tow hook?

Howard Jones

Supporter
Eric, since we've become such close friends I would have thought you had checked out my build log...........

Attachments

• HPIM1424.jpg
    HPIM1424.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 229
  • HPIM1425.jpg
    HPIM1425.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 196
  • HPIM1438.jpg
    HPIM1438.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 221
There is a discussion of the topic in the build manual,, starting on page 246. Have you checked that out?

Call Vicki at the factory for a link to the current manual if you don't have one.

There is a discussion of the topic in the build manual,, starting on page 246. Have you checked that out?

Call Vicki at the factory for a link to the current manual if you don't have one.

I have and I do have one. I was looking for other opinions and installs :)

Thanks Will :)

Howard Jones

Supporter
Just remember. Anything that a tow truck drive can pull off your car HE WILL!!!! At the track the support vehicles tow you back to the paddock at a good clip sometimes. I ran out of gas once (ya I know) and I looked down at the speedo and I was doing 30 MPH on the toe line, Geese I said could you take it a little slower next time. He said don't do a next time! Gotha get that session going again you know.

Anyway a tow rope really puts a lot of shock into the mounting system for a hook. Especially sideways loading if he needs to pull you out of a spot that he can't line up straight or when making turns. I'm afraid that all the stuff forward of the main chassis box isn't triangulated well enough and if you pull sideways on the alum side plates that support the radiator it will bend things up.

This is why I did mine like I did. You could lift the car from my hook. Battleship built baby!

Back