FIXING DOWN THE SPIDER AND RUBBERS

Hi all.

I’m just going through the process of fixing the body down in its final position, and have a few questions…
1 - how does the spider fix down along the front edge? Is it simply fixing along the edge within the front bay?
2 - do you install some sort of gasket under the spiders front edge?
3 - is there a rubber that runs along the back edge of the front clam (where it meets the spider) ?
4 - is there a rubber that runs along the front edge of the rear clam (where it meets the spider) ?

Thanks in advance everyone

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi all.

I’m just going through the process of fixing the body down in its final position, and have a few questions…
1 - how does the spider fix down along the front edge? Is it simply fixing along the edge within the front bay?
2 - do you install some sort of gasket under the spiders front edge?
3 - is there a rubber that runs along the back edge of the front clam (where it meets the spider) ?
4 - is there a rubber that runs along the front edge of the rear clam (where it meets the spider) ?

Thanks in advance everyone
On my DAX so other manufacturers may vary.

1 Spider to tub closed cell gasket under the spider which was in turn bolted to the chassis
2 covered under 1
3 i fitted a rubber bulb extrusion to the front of the spider and front clam closed against the rubber…..stopped a load of rattles
4 I fitted similar extrusion to rear of spider to cushion rear clam.

as you are in the UK try Coh baines for your extrusions https://coh-baines.co.uk/collections/rubber-profiles

Ian

Back