AN wrench question

I am considering buying AN wrenches so I don't chew up my AC and fuel lines during assembly. Question is, do I need to buy two sets? Or one set with an adjustable AN wrench? I get the feeling that if I only buy one set, I'll have to use a standard wrench on the other side of the joint and will still potentially chew it up.

A.J.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I own exactly zero AN wrenches.. If you are careful with steel wrenches and know how tight is right - you don't need them either..
If you're worried about scuffing the anodizing, you can always put one wrap of masking tape on the fitting or in the jaw of the wrench.

^^ what Randy said. I have no AN wrenches and have built many a thing with AN fittings. To me, if you did this all day every day... Sure it might be worth it.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I have a set. One set is enough because very rarely are the two fittings you're connecting the same size.

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
I bought two AN wrenches last year. Got by for years without them.

Mark B.

Supporter
Definitely agree about the wrenches. The one thing worth getting though is a pair of aluminum vice inserts like [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Aeroquip-FCM3661-Vise-Jaw-Inserts/dp/B000CIG0D6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1439734064&sr=8-4&keywords=aluminum+vise+jaws"]these[/ame] if you're assembling AN hoses.

I have the aluminum vise protectors. They're awesome to have. Not just for the non-marring feature, but also for all the contours and notches in them. They really come in handy. The set I got came with a nylon protector too. I would never have gone out and bought just a nylon set, but it has been really nice to have for those few times I needed them and REALLY didn't want to mar the surface.

A.J.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
If you do nick them up, highliter pens work great vfor touch up and is nearly a perfect color match and tone.

Yes! Marksalot or Sharpie pens in Blue or Red.. Perfect match! :thumbsup:

Back