Know of any MKI's (used) for sale?

Hello All,

Know of any Superformance MKI's (used) for sale? I've only been able to locate 4 GT40's for sale and there all MKII's. There is a good deal for a MKI roller on ebay for 63k right now, it's lambo orange however.

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
That dealer has a couple that they have owned for over a year now. They also have a MK1 that is White with Blue stripes that I am sure they would sell at the same price. My guess is that most folks buying a GT40 want to order everything exactly how they want since those folks make up such a small percentage of the population.

Hello All,

Anyone know what the changes have been over the last year compared with say the Gulf's they have in stock with later numbers? I see the White and the orange one's have the two triangle openings in the front hood where the Gulf's both have the 1 large opening. Is that just a result of how they ordered them? The superformance website, really doesn't lay out the options in one easy to find location?

Based on the used market, it would seem more folks are ordering MKII's is that a correct assumption?

Thanks
Mike

Are you looking for a roller or a finished car. There might be a few SPF rollers for sale due to the lack of transaxles. What kind of budget do you have in mind? I seem to run into cars for sale from time to time.

Hello All,

I'm pretty set on the SPF MKI if I go this way, kida split with the Kirkham Cobra right now. A new SPF built like I'd want is climbing too close in price to an 2006 GT, so I'd spent a lot of time (a lot) looking for a nice used MKI and there just are none.

Cheers,
Mike

i just looked at that mk1 in lambo orange at that dealer last week. i have to say the car and the color looks a lot better in person. the metallic really pops, which the pics dont convey. it actually looked very cool. a different color for a different car. to each his own.
im looking for an mk2 and wondered why they wouldnt sell me an mk2 for the same price since they retail abt the same....
:(

Last edited:
Hello,

Ya, the color is actually growing on me a bit and was thinking (if I go this way) could use the savings for FI on the motor! Based on the situation of transaxle's I'm not sure I have the patience to build one myself.

Cheers,
Mike Randolph

Hello,

Ya, the color is actually growing on me a bit and was thinking (if I go this way) could use the savings for FI on the motor! Based on the situation of transaxle's I'm not sure I have the patience to build one myself.

Cheers,
Mike Randolph

go check it out. thats a really cheap price. ive been to that dealer several times and never really took a good look at the car till they priced it at 62k....looking at it carefully it just kinda grew on me.
wouldnt be my first choice, but i like it enough that i would buy it if it saved me 10-15k.

I know you are looking for a MkI, but I would check out Chucks car at the cobracountry website , if you are looking for a great fully sorted SPF at a bargain price. 88k I believe, last time I looked.

Chuck, put the check in the mail...:thumbsup:

Hello Eric,

Yes, I'd emailed Chuck a couple of questions about his nice MKII, as a Cobra guy I just like the rear of the MKI SO much better, that I'm having a hard time getting past the MKII's butt.

Cheers,
Mike

Back