Porsche GT1-98 (Farboud kit)

I thought this might be of some interest to those of you who browse this part of the forum :idea:

As a cross post from my thread on Locost Builders, a bit like Kaspa's (John):

LocostBuilders

I have been contacted by a chap who is looking to sell his 911 GT1-98 style bodywork, as produced by Arash Farboud, a few years ago. The body was made to fit on an Ultima chassis (Fran, can we get this on an SLC chassis? :thumbsup:) and looked very similar to the Porsche GT1-98, hence why he had to stop producing it, I believe.

The original car looks like this:-

01.jpg

And these are some of the pictures that the seller has sent me:-

02.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

07.JPG

16.JPG

I am not sure it is comparable to the work that Nick Dames does to recreate the original 911 GT1, but I think it is a great looking car and very cool none-the-less!

I am not sure I can afford it at the moment (I move house in 27hrs and counting) but I would love to base my project around this bodywork. If you look at the last post on my Locost Builders thread, you will see that Tim has most of the parts to finish the car and is keen to get it sold... I have no idea what sort of number he is looking for, but if you want more details or want me to put you in touch, then let me know!

However, I do want it, so I may have to put a lot of angry smilies up here if you get to it before I can allocate the funds! :shout:

Do you have the size of the bodywork ?
-length, high, width, wheelbase
(i've heard that the width of the farboud is 20cm smaller)

Any idea about the asked price ?

Hi Thierry... No, to be honest!

But I have pointed the owner in this direction!

So, he may be along to tell us some more if/when he logs in!

I didn't think it was any narrower than the Ultima, not across the track at least. i can imagine it is narrower across teh cabin though! Wheelbase is most likely very close to the Ultima and the height is very, very low.

I am reliably informed that there is no way I could get in (6'3") and it is tight even for a man of 5'8".

If i talk to the owner again, i will try and get some more details up here.

Hi Dom, hi Thierry, my first post on here!

Thierry, if you want some dimensions, I can measure up over the weekend.

Regards,
Tim.

Hi james... Is he upto anything at the moment? I haven't spoken to him in about a year or so (off the top of my head) and there seems to be little going on (in the press at least) with his LSx powered Enzo-esque car...

The owner is Tim, Pointblank, who posted above.

As far as I know, he still has them.

If you try and message him through here and he does not get back to you, I am able to make contact if anyone is serious about purchasing them.

You will, however, have to build me a car ;)

The owner is Tim, Pointblank, who posted above.

As far as I know, he still has them.

If you try and message him through here and he does not get back to you, I am able to make contact if anyone is serious about purchasing them.

You will, however, have to build me a car ;)

So this wont fit on a 996 Carrera chassis???

No, it will fit an Ultima (UK kitcar) chassis... Or you will need to make something bespoke. This is mid engined and has dimensions significantly different to the 996! They would share, literally no common parts.

If you look up Nick Dames on here though, I believe he could build you a Porsche 911 GT1 using your 996 as a base, but it won't be cheap. What it will be though is 99% accurate/ 'real'!

Back