01E FWD / 2.5L TDI V6 - A6 mexican ?

Please explain the strong points of the 01E DQS 6MT FWD gearboxes from 2.5L TDI V6 equipped A6 models found in Mexico.

Strengths above other 01E 6MT FWD boxes?

Weaknesses?

Ratios ?

Upgrades necessary ?

These were produced up to and including year 2001 ?

Is this the 01E 'Golden Box' - ?

:lipsrsealed:

thanks -

One other Question:

Can the Ring Gear be 'flipped' ?

Looking to replace a Porsche 356 C coupe transmission
to go behind a Subaru STi engine.

I cant help you on strengths or weaknesses. However I do know that the ring gear can Not be flipped.

Try doing a search and you may find what you are looking for.

Please explain the strong points of the 01E DQS 6MT FWD gearboxes from 2.5L TDI V6 equipped A6 models found in Mexico.

Strengths above other 01E 6MT FWD boxes?

Weaknesses?

Ratios ?

Upgrades necessary ?

These were produced up to and including year 2001 ?

Is this the 01E 'Golden Box' - ?

:lipsrsealed:

thanks -

I've never heard of an 01E 'Golden Box'. Chances are you will have to replace the pinion bearing on it, the pinion bearing is almost a 100% replacement item on the 01E's that we rebuild.

We cryo treat the mainshaft and 1-2 gears and install the update kit which includes an improved 1-2 hub and improved syncros. We change the pinion front bearing and rear bearing as well.

All 01E's are the same there is not strength differences between the models with the exception that the pre 1997 gearboxes had a 22mm first gear versus a 26mm first gear of the later models.

One other Question:

Can the Ring Gear be 'flipped' ?

Looking to replace a Porsche 356 C coupe transmission
to go behind a Subaru STi engine.

No

I have a 2.5L TDI FWD DQS 01E gearbox that I imported from Germany. I actually got it off the German Ebay site. I love it and it works great behind the LS6 making 410hp at the wheels. Several track days and no issues except an axle seal leak. Where can you find these gearboxes in Mexico? Is there a website or company you know of that sells these units used?

I have a 2.5L TDI FWD DQS 01E gearbox that I imported from Germany. I actually got it off the German Ebay site. I love it and it works great behind the LS6 making 410hp at the wheels. Several track days and no issues except an axle seal leak. Where can you find these gearboxes in Mexico? Is there a website or company you know of that sells these units used?

These gearboxes were never brought into North America so you can't find them unless they are imported from Europe.

If you want used you need to go to Europe. I offer reman units and parts.

Back