08 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet

Hi Everyone
I Attended The 8th Edition Of Our Annual Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet With Both My Fia Cobra And My Gt 40 Prototype. A Quick Overview Of The Event Is As Follows. I Was One Of 22 People Who Attended The First Event In 2000. I've Attended Every Meet Since And Was Acting President For 07. This Year I Made A Late Arrival On Thursday Due To Problems At My Shop. My Builder Louie Had Broken His Toe And Went To The Doctor Before I Could Leave. I Trailered The Fia To Austin. On Friday Louie Felt Well Enough To Make The Trip From Corpus Cnristi To Austin. He Made The Trip In The Gt 40 Prototype With No Problems. This Was The First Road Trip For The 40. We Drove Around The Hill Country On Friday And Saturday As Part Of Our Meet Schedule. On Sunday We Had To Wait Out A Rain Delay Before We Could Head Home. On The Trip Back There Were A Couple Of Hi-lights. Between Austin And San Antonio A Car Filled Wiht Girls Slowed Down To Look At The 40. Actually This Happened Quite Frequently. The Girls Took Out Cameras And Camera Phones To Take Pictures. They Took Pictures From All Four Sides Of The Car. When Finished The Girls Pulled Along Side Louie And Waved And Then As They Sped Off One Of The Girls Leaned Out Her Window And Pulled Up Her Shirt, Exposing Herself!. Louie Kept His Discipline And Stayed In Line Behind My Trailer. Later, South Of San Antonio Louie's Foot Started To Throb And We Pulled Into A Rest Stop. My Wife Judy Took Over The Driving Duties. She Had Never Been In The 40 Before. We Headed On South And Several Times Judy Would Call Me And Tell Me How Cool The Ride Was. Said It Was Just Like Being In A Race Car! She Had A Blast Driving It Home. And The 40 Got Right At 25 Mpg Driving Into A Head Wind! All Made It Home Safely.
We Had Over 70 Cobra's At This Event Plus Sevral Other Cars, Three Of Which Were Of The Gt 40 Type. This Is A Great Event If Anyone Likes Driving For 2 Or 3 Days In Beautiful Hill Country Scenery. The Meet Is Always The Last Weekend Of March.
Everyone Have A Great Week,
Paul

Back