17 inch BRM wheels

Hi I have been wanting to replace the 15 inch wire wheels on my GTD with a set of 17 inch BRM style wheels. I have looked at the range from vintage wheels and I like the 17 inch BRM style with the spinners and adaptors. I was wondering if there are any other members running these on a GTD and if so what size wheel and tyre combo are they running. My car has the standard Granada running gear. Also does any one know of a distributor for these wheels in Australia or do I just go straight to the factory? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Sean

Hi Sean,

we stock 17 inch BRM's complete with forged spinners, adaptors and our own pin drive nuts.

Drop us a PM or phone as we would need to wrok around your Granada hubs.

Regards Paul

Sean,

I have them on my GTD and is plug on (adaptor to standard GTD granada hubs)
Just call Bob at Vintage wheels US(see website) and he will explain.
He just need to do some adaptation before sending to you.

Success

Fred

Thanks for the reply guys I will be in touch. Fred out of interst are your brms 17"? If so I would be interested to know what size and type of tyres you are running.

Cheers
Sean

Sean,

I am running Michelin Pilot Sport for road usage and are excellent for road purpose.
On track there a bit hard compound and less efficient in wet conditions.

Front 235 x 40 - 17
Rear 285 x 40 - 17

Great look as car is closer to road !

Success

rgds
Fred

Fred, your local transport authority in Tasmania will have a list of acceptable wheel standards. Australian Standard 1638 is just one of the accepted standards for wheels. Most of the international standards for wheels are also accepted here. e.g. DOT, TUV, JWLT. I expect all major wheel suppliers will have wheels that are certified to at least one of the acceptable standards for use in Australia.

We recommend and use wheels from Vintage Wheels US. Bob Lacey is fantastic to deal with. Vintage Wheels are TUV certified.

We use 17 x 8" on front, 17 x 10.5" on rear.

For the street, Sumitomo tyres are very well priced.

Sumitomo HTRZIII 225/45/17 Front
Sumitomo HTRZ 315/35/17 Rear

Back