2008 Competition Licences

Hi all -

For those of you that were registered in 2007, you'll no doubt have received your 2008 renewal notices by now but for anyone who has not, or is looking to apply for their first licence, the forms can be downloaded from the MSA website:

The MSA is recognised as the sole governing body of motor sport in Great Britain

The licence required for first time Sprints/Hill Climbs is LEA - 'Non-Race National B' at £36. At an entry level, not much more than suitable vehicle, overalls, helmet and licence is required, especially if you are running in a 'road-legal' condition. i.e. taxed, Mot'd etc on road legal tyres.... a great way to start.

To run slicks you'll need other items including an MSA logbook for your car which will also require a suitable rollcage/bars, together with a higher level of licence. This can be obtained by upgrading once the requesite number of National B entries have been completed.

Also, if anyone is looking to attend an MSA sanctioned training day, let me know and I'll forward details - very worthwhile in my opinion.

A number of people within the club race their cars, so if anyone is looking to have a go at circuit racing this year, drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with like minded souls. Let's see some club support at those events too...:)

If you have any queries regarding the licencing process, feel free to contact either myself, 'or dave.parker(AT)gtd40club.co.uk'..

I look forward to seing some of you (old faces + New) on the hills and track next year.:)

Back