2011 5.0 Crate Engine

Hello Everyone,

Great Forum! :thumbsup: The new Ford 5.0 TI-VCT 4v Boss 302R is available (crate). Its all aluminum and for the price it seems like a good deal.

Because its a DHC engine can anyone tell me if it will fit most GT kits?

I would also appreciate any feed back or concerns if any on using this engine.

Im looking for a bit of revs, light weight engine for weekend racing and some road use. Modern electronics and lots of fun.

Thanks in advance

Maxl

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I do believe that the Coyote engine will fit in the engine bay of an RCR40 with little trouble.. Fran Hall may chime in here on this.. There are a number of very large engines that have been installed in the RCR cars...

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Max

We will be offering this option in the very near future. We are developing engine mounts, gearbox bellhousing and an exhaust system with CATs so that it will be a bolt in option.

Thanks

Andy

I do believe that the Coyote engine will fit in the engine bay of an RCR40 with little trouble.. Fran Hall may chime in here on this.. There are a number of very large engines that have been installed in the RCR cars...

I recently took a 2011 Mustang w/5.0 for a drive and really enjoyed the engine performance. It was tuned and had just under 430 HP. Ford is coming out with a BOSS 302R version too.

Good reving, light weight. I thought of the Gt right away.

Thanks Randy

Max

We will be offering this option in the very near future. We are developing engine mounts, gearbox bellhousing and an exhaust system with CATs so that it will be a bolt in option.

Thanks

Andy

Andy, you see this engine as a good alternative too?

I think for the value its a great choice and theres a lot of options from induction Boss302R to Superchargers.

I did a little checking and supposedly the mount bosses and bellhousing mount patern are common to the 4.6 modular engines.

Keep me posted Andy, Thank you

That's an interesting engine option - any idea of pricing (crate)?
I did a Google search for more information on pricing but didn't turn up anything useful so far.
Cheers,
Jason

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Max

We think this engine is the way forward especially as far as IVA emissions are concerned.
Other advantages are

Its much lighter than a 302.
Its a modern all aluminium design.
Its fuel injected.
Has good power straight out of the crate.

Thanks

Andy

That's an interesting engine option - any idea of pricing (crate)?
I did a Google search for more information on pricing but didn't turn up anything useful so far.
Cheers,
Jason

Jason I called ford and M-6007-M50 (5.0 Ti-VCT 4v) is listed for 6999.00 USD plus 1799.00 for the engine management or control pack.

Rgds
Max

Max

We think this engine is the way forward especially as far as IVA emissions are concerned.
Other advantages are

Its much lighter than a 302.
Its a modern all aluminium design.
Its fuel injected.
Has good power straight out of the crate.

Thanks

Andy

Thats how I feel Andy.

I was on your site earlier the carbon chassis is impressive.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Doug

We will be using our existing UN1 gearbox.

Max

We will be fitting a Coyote engine into our next demo car.

Thanks

Andy

I've just been browsing (drooling) over the Coyote at Ford's Racing Parts Direct website, they have a link to an interesting (long) article on this engine and its development at Mustang50magazine.com
Also worth mentioning that Ford have introductory discounts on the crate engine at the moment, priced at $6,499 and controls pack at $1,599 instead of $6,999 and $1,799 respectively.

The Mustang 50 article can be found here: 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote Engine - 5.0 Mustang & Fast Fords

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Guys,

Approximately how much weight is saved with an aluminum block 302, compared to a standard 302 with aluminum heads?

I've just been browsing (drooling) over the Coyote at Ford's Racing Parts Direct website, they have a link to an interesting (long) article on this engine and its development at Mustang50magazine.com
Also worth mentioning that Ford have introductory discounts on the crate engine at the moment, priced at $6,499 and controls pack at $1,599 instead of $6,999 and $1,799 respectively.

The Mustang 50 article can be found here: 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Coyote Engine - 5.0 Mustang & Fast Fords

Great article, electronics, tech, light weight, Hp and built looking at the future and more power. Best of all inexpensive compared to most. Its great

Thanks Jason for the heads up on the discount price.

Great article, electronics, tech, light weight, Hp and built looking at the future and more power. Best of all inexpensive compared to most. Its great

Thanks Jason for the heads up on the discount price.

You're welcome, I found the article very interesting and I agree with you, I think this is a great engine, Ford have done an excellent job with its development, really first class product.

Back