2011 Turn Key RCR SLC Rapier FS

No Jason, youput them here in the thread. There are 2 ways

Hit Post Reply and in the optons you will see a button that says manage attatchments. You can add images to that

or (and my personal preferred option)

link to a photo service such as Flickr or PhotoBox etc etc. Most of them have the option to share and if you select the option that says BB code then you can just copy and paste the code into your reply

Hope that helps

bth_090_zps6c1ec120.jpg

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Jason,

Is this your car? If not, I'll delete if the time limit for doing so hasn't expired.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIqsNl_-3BY[/ame]

Last edited:

Keith

Fantastic car but I'm quite sure whoever was doing the 'talkover' had no clue as to what he was describing. No offence intended but please.....

'Easy maintenance' - great selling point for a 'daily driver' :laugh:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Who knows who made the vid or when. I'm thinking it was the original owner/builder or a surrogate.

The car is really nasty looking in person.

Hay Larry L, thanks for putting that video there, yes that is my car that video was shot from the guy I bought it from, good guy. And hardy you like picking apart everything don't you. Hold on let me proof read.

It is totally maintenance free, wash it, wax it, turn the key and have a lot of fun.
Hade some free time today, took it out, got her up to 170 and yes mph, what a RUSH.
Now I'm wondering if im making the right choice.'' just wondering''

From what I understand from the whole SLC rapier is, the guy that started rapier was based down the street from me in Boston ma. It was a company that was going to buy rolling chassis from RCR and put all the bells and whistles into them like my car has.
Unfortunately he passed away from cancer, so as far as I know rapier doesn't exist anymore.

Jason THAT PARTICULAR CAR has made it's rounds. I spoke to one of the original partners (who is an active member on M3forums) when I was in th market for an SLC. FIRST their asking price was BEYOND insulting as FRAN HAD TO REDUE MOST OF THAT CAR (actualy Fran had BOTH cars at one point but I'll let him chime in on that if he so chooses) along with the RED car they had at one time. The partner that contacted me (active on M3forums)well lets just say I wouldn't give him 1 penny since it seemed that only the guy that had ANY mechanical knowledge at Rapier regretfully passed away (condolences to his family). Rest assured that now that Fran FIXED all of Rapiers mistakes what you have is NOT a rapier anything BUT an SL-C and a fine one at that. You MIGHT get CLOSE to your asking price but you might want to go through some of the recent fore sale adds and the what's my car REALLY WORTH THREADS as you are still a bit high especially for what is essentially a re badged SL-C. Again it's a nicely put together car (NOW) but just like Rapier you are still asking to much $ and the reason their cars sat until the company had it's fire sale. Yes Rapier was into that car for over 100K BUT why would anyone pay close to that when they could have a properly named SL-C from the factory for what is essentially not much more than you are asking (all in). Makes zero fiscal sense as I told rapier way back when and I even told them they wouldn't move any cars and low and behold here is one of two they had and EVERYONE KNEW this car would come to market sooner rather than later. You have a GREAT car so enjoy it or ask for a price more in line with what the current market calls for and this car will sell!!!

Last edited:
You might want to advertise that Fran and RCR thoroughly went through this car and it is up to RCR specs since no one cares about Rapier as they always were thought of as what they were. NOW RCR on the other hand and those who look for an SL-C or the like KNOW OF RCR and the quality that comes out of Frans shop. THAT IS YOUR GREATEST SELLING POINT!!!!!!

Back