4-Rotor powered supercar in the works.

I don't think this thing is going to pass emissions here in the states. Maybe it doesn't run on gas?
Did anyone read anything on the link or just look at the pictures?
Running on e85 allows for some funny math. Rotaries have been doing some impressive things on the corn juice as of late.
Yes it will be thirsty but what super car isn't and besides, if you can afford a car like that, would you really care?

As with anything, proper setup and tuning should provide an acceptable degree of reliability.
We all know how rock-solid reliable every other supercar out there is. :laugh:

Did anyone read anything on the link or just look at the pictures?
Running on e85 allows for some funny math. Rotaries have been doing some impressive things on the corn juice as of late.
Yes it will be thirsty but what super car isn't and besides, if you can afford a car like that, would you really care?

As with anything, proper setup and tuning should provide an acceptable degree of reliability.
We all know how rock-solid reliable every other supercar out there is. :laugh:

Sorry, I did just look at the pictures :drunk:... and skimmed over the specs.

But Im not sure if your aware of the fuel sucking ability of a rotary engine. Its not just 'thirsty' its more like 'legendary'. They have made improvements by using side ports, but the problem has always been the large combustion area that has a very cold temp, which causes incomplete combustion. Thats why rotary engines are famous for their flame throwing capability, due to all that unburnt fuel going into the exhaust.

I'm not to familiar with the properties of alcohol, but i hear its more volatile - so maybe its able to get a more complete combustion? Even so, being alcohol, I would expect even fewer mpg! If you do a quick google search, you can find people reporting 16mpg around town in their RX-8's.. and that car only has around 240hp. i cant imagine 1000hp....

But Im not sure if your aware of the fuel sucking ability of a rotary engine.
I may have been around a rotary or two in my time ;)

Perhaps the fuel sipping mentality would best be satisfied by this supercar:

attachment.php

Attachments

• imgToyota Prius1.jpg
    imgToyota Prius1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 315

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

That car sounds great!

It's a definate improvement over the 787B I listened to for hour after hour back in 1991.

The Furai in those videos is an n/a peripheral port 3-rotor, not a 4-rotor not too mention it is quite a bit more muffled with Racing Beats street version muffler. Still sounds great though.

Back