A bit rich .....

Maybe I should call for a point of order, or a personal explanation!
When I said stuff the poor people let em get a job! I was referring to the so called "poor" in my country, not the starving people that Mother Theresa was talking about.
I live in the "lucky country" no one is starving, there are those that live on welfare and choose not to work, they are not the starving that the Sainted Mother refers to. That is why people are paying people smugglers to put them on a boat to enter my country illegally. Those people can afford to pay the boat fare, so also are not poor in the Mother Theresa sense of the word.
I am happy to give the truly poor a hand up and have done so often. I truly resent able bodied people who are capable of working asking for a handout and getting it from my tax dollar.
So I repeat, Stuff em, let them get a job.

And pop out kids by multiple sperm donors (they are not fathers) so they can continue the legacy.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
It was certainly the case not long ago, that you could walk from one end of this country to the other end, without ever leaving Church of England land.
Thats gotta be worth a few bob.

Maybe I should call for a point of order, or a personal explanation!
When I said stuff the poor people let em get a job! I was referring to the so called "poor" in my country, not the starving people that Mother Theresa was talking about.
I live in the "lucky country" no one is starving, there are those that live on welfare and choose not to work, they are not the starving that the Sainted Mother refers to. That is why people are paying people smugglers to put them on a boat to enter my country illegally. Those people can afford to pay the boat fare, so also are not poor in the Mother Theresa sense of the word.
I am happy to give the truly poor a hand up and have done so often. I truly resent able bodied people who are capable of working asking for a handout and getting it from my tax dollar.
So I repeat, Stuff em, let them get a job.

Pete,

Fairly confident mother Teresa would not distinguish between the two, and would have found the poor in your country and mine.

Perhaps we don't look hard enough.

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat."

Mother Teresa

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

Fairly confident mother Teresa would not distinguish between the two, and would have found the poor in your country and mine.

Perhaps we don't look hard enough.

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat."

Mother Teresa
Read my post again slowly Nick, I'm not sure you interpreted it correctly.
Perhaps my lack of vocabulary is at fault?
I think Mother Theresa would tell the so called poor I'm talking about, those able bodied and capable of work, but still looking for a handout, to get off their collective bums and give her a hand with the truly poor.

Read my post again slowly Nick, I'm not sure you interpreted it correctly.
Perhaps my lack of vocabulary is at fault?
I think Mother Theresa would tell the so called poor I'm talking about, those able bodied and capable of work, but still looking for a handout, to get off their collective bums and give her a hand with the truly poor.

Pete,

Quite possibly, but she would have done it thinking about what was good for their souls, and without a thought to the handouts any taxes we were paying for them to be sat on their bums, without vitriol and with love for them.

I think that is the big difference between her and us.

P.S. Think she may very well have used different vocabulary than ours as well :)

Back