Addition to the Stable

I have been following this thread to see if someone has been able to find something new for the 15" tires. Seems they haven't. Now if you want to stay with 15s then take a look at Nittos, I think NT555R line. I have the Drag radials on my rear which are 335x50x15(quik look showed 325s at the dealers) and fit nicely on a 10" rim. On the front I have 235s which have a "conventional" tread pattern. There are reports of these tires in road track usageand supposedly they track very well. They get fantastic grip. I too have the wide body and they sit at the inside of the lip of the wheel well.Check around with several of the tire supplyers. They should go for around $200(drag radials) each My settings on my car are 4" on front and 5" on the rear. Mine are getting pretty old, so its about time I got some new ones.

Bill

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The Avons you guys are talking about are different.

The CR6ZZ tires ARE DOT approved and legal. The other Avons ARE race tires and NOT DOT and have the "not for highway use" statement. As there are few DOT 15" tires to go on a 15" x 13" rim, guys use the Avon race tires in the rain or intermediate tread pattern. These will collect and throw anything they touch!

This is one of the things I try to cover with customers who want the wide tail MK I for the street.

a couple of more picts with the GT40

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 298
  • photo 5 (2).JPG
    photo 5 (2).JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 242
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 293
Ah... that's where it went to! Beautiful car Kurt! Had my eye on it too. And I thought my garage was fun! Very, very nice collection of cars you have there!

I have post on the subject before... with the correct offset wheels, the CR6ZZ Avons look quite nice on the wide hip cars! I love them! After many miles on Goodyear Sports Car Specials, Bill Boards and Hoosier T/D's, the Avons are the only way to go while keeping with the 15" look.

Back