Air Ventilation Opening

I discovered what appears to be an over-sight by Superformance related to an air vent opening.
When lifting the small lid on the front clip, there appear to be air vents to the left and right of the big air conditioning box. The oval shaped opening is approximately 3 1/2 - 4 inches.
On my MK II (2171), the vent on the drivers side is open; however, the vent on the passenger side has a cap on it that prevents air from passing into it.
I suspect I should pry this cap off, but hesitate to do it until another Superformance GT40 owner can confirm that this is the appropriate thing to do.

Could some one please provide advise.

Thanks,
Don in Maine

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Don,

Designed that way. Only one side functional and only entrance to the HVAC system.

Only the drivers side (either L or R drive) is functional. The drivers side NACA duct in the fender via the "tube" into the firewall then into the AC and heater system.

The air can be selected to come directly from outside through the NACA if the door switch recirc switch is NOT illuminated, if illuminated then there is a servo that shuts off that outside air and recircs cabin air for max cooling or heating.

Easy to see if you take the front clip off then remove the fake oil tank over the evaporator ( all the lines/servo ect will be visable).

If not clear advise.

Steve P2125

Last edited:
Back