Americas Cup

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm not a cat man but I have sailed a Hobie 16 (or was it a 14 or an 18?) in Florida! Somewhere on the Gulf Shores - with a beautiful blond girl who's name escapes me but I do remember she was wearing an incredibly small blue bikini. I also have no recollection of how the boat sailed but I understand that like all cats they have a fair turn of speed in a stiff breeze, or so I am told.

I think it also had two sails.

Haha, if it had two sails it wasn't a 14. But I understand your lack of attention to the boat.
My next door neighbour tried to recruit me to hang off the trapeze on his Hobie,
He had some very hurting words to say about my weight at the time.
I agreed to give it a try and on the day it was blowing about 20 knots.
The experience was a bit like hanging upside down while someone hosed you with a full bore fire hose! The spray bloody stung and I was bloody exhausted after about two hours of the stupidity.
My neighbour was quite miffed when I turned down his offer to race with him that season, he could not understand why I didn't enjoy it.....Even after I told him that gentlemen only sail down wind.;)

Keith

Haha, if it had two sails it wasn't a 14. But I understand your lack of attention to the boat.
My next door neighbour tried to recruit me to hang off the trapeze on his Hobie,
He had some very hurting words to say about my weight at the time.
I agreed to give it a try and on the day it was blowing about 20 knots.
The experience was a bit like hanging upside down while someone hosed you with a full bore fire hose! The spray bloody stung and I was bloody exhausted after about two hours of the stupidity.
My neighbour was quite miffed when I turned down his offer to race with him that season, he could not understand why I didn't enjoy it.....Even after I told him that gentlemen only sail down wind.;)

One sail you say..........hmmm that has got me thinking. She had the most amazing colour toe nails .....

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
My goddaughter is not a gentleman. Maybe a lady, but not by much. More like a serious sailor, who sails and drinks and curses like one. We're working on that.

Back