Any I Pad Gurus on here?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I've had an I pad a couple of year - great for surfing and mails (don't use it for much else)

Last weekend it said it has an updade to do on the operating system
So I said yes and it went and did it's thing 5 or six minutes and the screen layout etc changed

Since then I cannot get it to remember my passwords for sites like this one.
I can log in - so know the password it right but tick the remember me and log in each visit box and it thinks it knows better

So where do I kick it to get it to remember the passwords?

Cheers for any assistance
Ian

Keith

Hey Ian, it's usually the browser that remembers the passwords and there'll be a little check box somewhere that needs checking/unchecking.

In Firefox, passwords are stored in the Profiles folder but I don't know which browser you are using and I have no knowledge whatever of IE or Chrome.

Go to Tools>Options.

Here is the relevant page in Firefox:

Failing this, I understand David Morton is an absolute whizz on iPAD and even sleeps with it.. :)

Keith

I would add that if you travel around with your iPad, you should definitely not have your browser remember passwords unless you are absolutely sure your system is secure. In any event, passwords for banking/shopping sites etc are in my head, but I'm sure you know all that.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Keith
No bank passwords or credit card details are stored :thumbsup:

Just a couple of forums and sure I can log in each time but ..... I am lazy!

I will recheck the safari selections

Cheers
Ian

Keith

Ah. In Safari it works a little differently.

Try Preferences > Autofill - there should be a username/password option there.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Tried that
Three or four on off switches
Tried them all on and off and all combinations
Restart website and re log in ticked save password but every time the next time it welcomes me as a stranger
The passwords never show in the saved passwords section which is pass code protected

I would appear that the upgrade of safari and operating system together has glitched and I have no idea how to rerun the upgrade

Ian

Keith

Keychain corrupt?

Launch Keychain Access

Select Passwords under Category on the left

Click Keychain Access beside the Apple at the top of the screen

Select Keychain First Aid

Enter your password, then Verify.

If any issues are found, they can be repaired.

Beyond this, I'm stumped but, it is a very well known issue after upgrading and could even be related to the infamous Mac Flashback Trojan. Do some searching on Google for Apple help forums. I think some people have even switched to Chrome in frustration.

There have been quite a few problems with the latest update to ipads and iphones which could cause it - there should be a fix coming in the next few weeks.

I've had an I pad a couple of year - great for surfing and mails (don't use it for much else)

Last weekend it said it has an updade to do on the operating system
So I said yes and it went and did it's thing 5 or six minutes and the screen layout etc changed

Since then I cannot get it to remember my passwords for sites like this one.
I can log in - so know the password it right but tick the remember me and log in each visit box and it thinks it knows better

So where do I kick it to get it to remember the passwords?

Cheers for any assistance
Ian

Is the header (top bar of screen) white or dark grey? If it's dark grey you are in Private browsing and will need to manually input passwords. To get out of Private browsing touch the search box (just like when you want to search for something), the keyboard will appear and on the upper left hand corner of keyboard touch "Private" to toggle off or on. If you were in Private browsing it should change to a white header and back to automatically logging you in to places you allowed before.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Is the header (top bar of screen) white or dark grey? If it's dark grey you are in Private browsing and will need to manually input passwords. To get out of Private browsing touch the search box (just like when you want to search for something), the keyboard will appear and on the upper left hand corner of keyboard touch "Private" to toggle off or on. If you were in Private browsing it should change to a white header and back to automatically logging you in to places you allowed before.

Daniel

Many thanks you just hit the nail on the head

Back to normal

Ian

Back