Any tall SPF GT owners here?

charlie c

Lifetime Supporter
Well, I still haven't even ridden in one yet, but I've been staring at Lance's Gulf car (what a beauty!!!) and sitting in the demo car making "vroom-vroom" noises, and I can definitely see that once you get it tweaked it does "fit like a glove"... with no seat at all, my arms were exactly fully extended to grip the wheel if I sat all the way back, and my head (with helmet) would fit under the no-bubble door (barely).

So, with a seat pad reworked to shorten my reach and lower my butt, I think it will be pretty good.

Through some finagling and wrangling, I may have a chance to grab an SPF GT40 mkI and get it assembled in time to get it on the road by this Jan 2nd. I feel a little guilty, after seeing how long some of you guys waited for your cars, motors, and transaxles.... but I'd have to decide right NOW and get the ball rolling Monday morning....

.... I have 36 hours to decide..... should I, or shouldn't I......used Ford GT, or Superformance replica, or what?.... hmmmm..... tick....tick....tick....tick.....tick....

To revive an oldie thread, does anyone have any pics handy of someone 6'2, approx 215-ish lbs sitting in the cockpit? Would be MUCH appreciated:)

Charlie
I'm 6' 230#. I fit. The pedals are adjustable, the seat is fit to the owner. Notice I said owner. You'll fit easily enough..try a MKII and find the seating different. Dennis changed the angle of the back of my seats as I prefer not to be in the 'recline' position also added insulation from the heat off the 427FE. The only person I've seen not remove the steering wheel in entry/exit is my wife at 5'3" 110#. An no she won't drive the car....

Back