Autolite rectangular decal with checkered flag

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Simon -

Spent hours on the web looking for images of the Sylvania 'S' as we can now call it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't find much except small blury images.

I would say pick a nice yellow and let's see if Tony will make them up. Group buy would be a good discussion with him to as I would like a full set + some extras.

Let me know if I can help in any way, I have some cheezy vector drawing tools that I can work with the images if the need be.

Sandy

Hi Sandy

I am going to send off to Tony some copies of my "S" badge and the "Horse shoes" later on today. Hopefully he will be able to give me a price on those and I will ask how much the set would be. To including the following, 2 x Firestone, 2 x Ferodo, 2 x Autolite, 2 x Gulf (sides), 2 x Gulf/Flag (rear), 2 x "S" and 4 x Horse shoes. I assume it may be an idea for a price on the 4 number "9" badges required. I will see what he has to say regarding any group purchase. I wish this was already available, I would not have spent hours trying to get mine sorted out!.

It may also be good while this is being done for someone to advise on the stickers required for #1075 in 1969 (no 6) trim. I have not done any research on this but it does have more stickers and would appear to be quite a popular choice for Gulf replica builders. Could anyone give a list of stickers for number 6?.

Regards

Simon

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Simon -

FIRST THANKS TO SIMON AND GERARD FOR GETTING THIS GOING!!

I think he got the images from you and possible Gerard. He said he got them, and that is great, he likely will be hooking you up with a set as he said. I also mentioned about putting together a package, didn't think about it for the #9 or #6 aspect but I think he has them all except for the Sylvania S and the Horse shoes.

I found some photos on the web after looking around, slot car sites have some good ones. Here is one I found that might be helpfull. One thing that I think is missing from the decal collection on the #6 car is the Zig Zag arrow on the rear vent.

Here is the image I got, not super clear but you can make it all out

Sandy

Attachments

• 68484-FordGT40-6.jpg
    68484-FordGT40-6.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 462
Last week I ordered the autolite with Mr. Collins. I also send him the files for the horseshoes and S. Yesterday I produced all the decals necessary for the 1968 version. I also made an fairly accurate replication of number 9. Therefore I did some accurate measuring of the sizes of these decals.

Ferodos is 22,65cm wide.
Autolite is 14 cm wide.
Firestone is 28 cm wide.
Gulf decal is 22,65cm (say 9 inch) high
Sylvania S is 10,3cm high
Horseshoes are 13,5cm high
White circle for number on doors and back are 50cm diameter
White circle for number on front is 56 cm diameter
Number 9 is 36cm high and 20,5cm wide
number 9 on front is 40,5cm high and 23cm wide

I believe the gulf decals with checkered flag are not part of the 1968 version (not on the back)
I made these also, if anyone is interested, because in this case the decals of Mr.Collins are not accurate replicas of the originals.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Gerard -

Is is possible to get the .eps files for the #9's as well?

Thanks again for all the hard work on the decals.

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Gerard - Don't know if you got the message from Tony, but he has completed the decals for the Sylvania 's' and the Horseshoes. He said a set are being shipped out to you.

Others -

Check out the auctions in the next day or so from the mentioned ebay link. He will have the missing Gulf Horseshoes as well as the 'S' on line in the next day or so acording to the email.

Great job all!!

Sandy

Back