AvD-Oldtimer-Grand-Prix at the Nürburgring

Hi,
here are some impressions from the AvD-Oldtimer-Grand-Prix which took place at the Nürburgring in Germany last weekend. A lot of exciting cars - this one is an absolute unique item, build in 1969 here in Germany - the Isdera Erator MK III. Hope I manage to post the pics..

Attachments

• 21264-Isdera2.2.jpg
    21264-Isdera2.2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 237
This shows the car at the Solitude race 2003 - finished first in class.

Attachments

• 21268-Isdera1.jpg
    21268-Isdera1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 256
For the interested ones: This car is absolutely unique, it has been build in 1969 by the german Eberhard Schulz, founder of the Isdera company. When he was a young engineer just fresh from the university, he decided to build a car which should impress the automobil industry. So he made a dream come true: the Erator MK III, powered by a 420 hp Mercedes V8 engine, with a weight of less than 900 kg and a top speed of 315 km/h. You see that he was very impressed by the GT40 body lines, but he didn't like the doors, so he found another solution for them....

You can't see this car very often in public, so I'm very lucky I found it twice this year. Have some more pictures, if there are interests for them, let me know.

Regards,
Volker

Volker,
Thankyou for posting such an interesting article and good pictures. I had never come across this particular car before and i, and i,m sure many others are gratefull to you.
Regards,
Graham @ GTA Racing.

Glad you like them - as told, I have some more pictures from this special car and others like pics from chassis P1002, P 1047, a Lola T70 and a very rare Alfa 33/2.

Volker

Volker,

It looks like a crossbreed of a GT40 MK1,2,& 3, a 300SL gullwing,

a C111, and an F16! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Neat! The builder obviously put a bunch of time and

thought into this project. Keep the photos coming!

Bill

Back