Avon 15" V-rated Tires Available in US!!!

I just got off the phone with the US dealer for Avon Tires and they now have the new V speed rated Avon Rally Tires (DOT Legal - full tread) in 215/60-15, 225/65-15, 245/60-15, 275/55-15 and 295/50-15.

The company is: SascoSports and here is a link to the tires:

Tire Specs :: SascoSports

They are called the FIA Rally CR6ZZ.

e-mail for the person at SascoSports is:

[email protected]

They have to order them by the container from England, so if they start getting a lot of orders, there may be some delay, but at least they're available!!

Kevin

Last edited:
I was looking at the sizes and I think the 215/60-15 Front and 275/55-15 Rear combination would be about right. That should fit most cars.

Ideally, I would like the front to be 225 or 235, but I would rather have sticky 215's, than wooden 235's.

Kevin

Re: Avon 15" V-rated Tires - UPDATE

As an update, here is some commentary from someone who just put the new Avons on a Superformance Cobra with a 427 Roush engine:

"Here's some photos of the new Avon 15" high performance DOT radials.
Very simple and clean. Period correct size and tread pattern. No comparison to the Yokohamas they replaced, these things are the real deal. Way to go, Avon - thanks!

Just put them on Friday, and I have only put about 100 miles on them, but they are great. I had been running Yokohamas for the past 30,000+ miles.
I thought they were a pretty good street performance tire on my car. In comparison with the Avons, the Yokos feel absolutely greasy! Tremendous difference. I could never get Yokos to balance out but so good. I always had a slight shimmy somewhere in there. Most recent Yokos it was a mild shimmy around 70mph. That is absolutely gone with the Avons. Very smooth. The improvement in steering response is amazing - much more immediate and positive. Cornering is a whole new world. Very planted feel.
I can defiintely still light the tires up, but it is different. They are really digging in and trying to grab while they are spinning rather than the "on ice" feel of the Yokos. These tires are a great performance upgrade. The car feels more responsive and better controled than it ever has. It's no question that at around $1200+ for a set, these are not cheap tires. The big question is how much do they REALLY cost - that is, what kind of mileage wear are they going to provide under spirited street driving. There's only one way to find out!"

Kevin

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, but how do Avons compare with Goodyear Eagles. I have read that Eagles are a superb performance street tire from Road and Track.

Goodyear makes many different tires called the Eagle. The Eagle F1 GS-D3 and Eagle F1 Supercar are superb tires, but are only available in 17" sizes.

Goodyear does not make any sort of performance tire in 15" sizes.

Kevin

Malcolm

Supporter
These are the same tyres that Avon supply in the UK that have been spoken of before on this forum. If you search for those threads then I think a picture was posted there. I will have a look and see what is on my computer here and if I find one at the right size I will post.

Malcolm

Supporter
Found one!

Attachments

• IMG_1308a.JPG
    IMG_1308a.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,693
Just ordered 245/60-15's and 295/50-15's. They will be delivered by container in approximately one month, or the third week in April. They will be a big improvement over my BFG T/A's in terms of handling.

Back