BEST NOISE

Re: BEST NOISE I EVER HEARD IN A CAR.

Well, I can say that not only that I had my ears ringing AND my nose burning but also my eyes watering from sitting in a nitro funny car. Rear axle on a stand and me inside with 2600 hp and 6ft flames shooting out of the headers - 30 seconds was it for me - I had ear protection but nitro just burns the eyes and nose. I loved every second of it- I can't even describe what that kind of power feels like, way cool!

Chris

[ QUOTE ]
I really enjoyed the sound my Aprilia SL1000 made. That 1000cc twin at 10k rpm sure turned some heads...especially with the exhaust cans I had on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the Aprilia race cans are a superb sound.

Just got back from a 4 day trip around the black forest & the Ardenne on my ST4S with ducati performance cans/airbox/chip. My mates refused to ride behind me after the first day as when I opened my bike up they described it as having their chests pounded with hammers, and their heads being tossed about similar to turbulance when a lorry goes past you the other direction /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Think its time I repacked my exhausts... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I guess you are as old as me and reminising. The fuelers are producing close to 10,000 HP. When was it they made only 2600 HP. It is the most awesome no matter when.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Heard and saw it flying at Duxford Imperial War Museum this summer.
Hawker Sea Fury, most powerful and fastest piston engined fighter ever produced.
One is even credited with catching and shooting down a Mig 15 over Korea.
Ive no idea how fast it could go, but ive looked for a sound file these last few years with no luck.
A Merlin engine, i agree, has a very sweet noise and finally made the Mustang a good aircraft.
But the radial in the Sea Fury was.......... im speechless.
If anyone knows of a sound file of this fighter, ill be eternally grateful.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I was once within 50 yards of an F4 flyby at a alitude of about 100 feet in excess of 500MPH. Then it got LOUD!!!! as he pulled back on the stick, went to full power and climbed out going supersonic about 2 miles away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif Right about then with everybody looking the other way his wingman wentby at about a 1000 feet from behind us and went supersonic climbing away in pursuit of his buddy.

Now THAT I'll never forget. Way better that gettin laid the first time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoke.gif

Merry Christmas!!!!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Come on Howie, with an Avatar like that I bet you like getting laid a lot more than loud noise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I just heard a radio ad for Shannons (a classic/vintage/enthusiast car insurance company here in Oz) & they had that classic BRM V16 track as the "background music".

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Back