Big Bend Open Road Race (BBORR)

Is anyone considering running the BBORR this year (2012)? I have worked as a flag station in a previous year and am looking forward to working again this year. The April event runs on a closed public highway in west Texas between Ft. Stockton (IH-10) and Sanderson (Interstate 90) and back again. Total run is approx. 118 miles. Multiple speed classes are run from 85 mph average to unlimited speed class. Registration should open on Jan 3rd and the event will generally be filled by the 4th. It is a great event if you want to run flat out for 100+ miles! Event information is here: Big Bend Open Road Race I hope to see some SLC's there.

John

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
John, there have been quite a few who have made the race in the past, don't recall hearing about much interest this year.

Have you checked on ClubCobra dot com? I remember seeing a thread regarding the BBORR on there, they were looking for more participants.

Here's a link to the thread:

2012 Big Bend Open Road Race - Club Cobra

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I've raced big bend the last 3 years and will be there again this year. It becoming a very expensive event once you add in the fuel from NW Arkansas and back plus 6 days in motel.

Attachments

• P2164.jpg
    P2164.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 313

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I emailed them a couple times trying to get some additional info. Never received a reply.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
They (she) will not answer till after the 3rd of January. David are you going this year? I'm racing a different car. :)

Hi Jack!

I'm teetering between BBORR and the POCA shindig in Phoenix (track days!) now that the Pantera is running.

R5? or the "other" turbo project????

Cheers,

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Hi Jack!

I'm teetering between BBORR and the POCA shindig in Phoenix (track days!) now that the Pantera is running.

R5? or the "other" turbo project????

Cheers,

I hope the twin turbo ferrari but if not that the NSX. AC will be nice at 120 MPH. :)

Hope to see you, if not enjoy the POCA event.

Jack

Back