Bob's DRB Build #112

Hello Bob, I'm building DRB#106 here in Portland Oregon,USA. Have been emailing Peter Ransom, getting no response. Usually returns my emails; although slowly. Rumor has it the business has been closed? May be in the market for a back-up windshield. Have you spoken with Peter as of late? Appreciate any info you may have. Thanks,

Gary

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Bob:

Have you met Cary Gressinger, who lives in the Portland area? He used to have a company called G&G Automotive. I believe he used to be the importer for DRB in the US. I visited his shop about four years ago, and almost purchased his Gulf MK1 (photos here). I think he's out of the business now, but he still may be in the area and a good resource for you. He seemed like a very sharp guy.

Dave

Attachments

• Cary DRB.jpg
    Cary DRB.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 272
  • Cary 2.jpg
    Cary 2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 249
Gary,
If you have any questions about your DRB let me know. Might be able to save you some time. I have DRB #5. I believe Peter is working with a new group now. Not sure. If you need a backup windshield I think I am somewhat of an authority on them. I have installed 3 and ready to install #4. Don't ask. I have a contact here in the states. The only one that I know that supplys the screens. Then again you may be able to go to the source as well. Let me know.

Bill

Yeah same here...if you need any of the Aussie bits I can help out. The windscreens are easy to get here and cost about $150 would be 20% cheaper in US dollars. I was the wA rep for years....

Guys, thought I would chime in and introduce myself. I purchased DRB #41 last fall as a good roller. Just started a build blog as Mike's drb#41 build.
Gary, I too am in the Portland area, near Estacada.
I have worked at the AURORA airport just a 1/4 mile from Cary G 's shop for the past 12 years. I have never met him but know a couple guys who did Cobras with him. I go past his driveway twice a day but have yet to stop by "unannounced". I too saw somewhere that he was DRB distributor in the past.

Back