Body Fitting

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Something I learned on my last build - we tend to obsess over minor details that when you take it to a car show, nobody ever notices.

Nuts and Bolts i can deal with, Fiberglass is a little more unknown to me. But I've never been one to back down from a challenge :)

If the buyer of this kit opts for the body fitment option, what can one expect to get delivered? Will the latches be installed and adjusted? What about weather striping and seam treatments and stuff?

Cars and Coffee this Saturday in Charlotte. I have seen an SLC there once or twice but I was never really considering it so I didn't give it any detailed attention. Hopefully the guy comes out this time around so i can check the car out is much greater detail. I pinged Bill to see if he wanted to bring his project out but he will be out of town for the weekend. Bummer man. If I don't see any this weekend the next chance to see one will be when I go to the Charlotte Auto fair in early April. Can't wait Fran !

(Don't mind my pseudo thread-jack) :shout:

Last edited:
I angled my seat slightly and guess what? Fran was exactly right. It didn't take much of an angle to get the seat pointed straight at the steering wheel with the instrument panel centered behind it. No trimming of fiberglass necessary and it doesn't feel like I'm sitting at an angle.

Back