Brammo (Falconer) V12

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Randy,

Whoaaaaa Dude, so you are the Blastolene guy!! I have been a fan of that car since I first saw it. Totally awesome! Please post it in the member rides and/or in the GT40s.com > GT40 Media Center and GT40 Clubs > Video and Pictures Buffet section.

Guys, we are in the presence of car builder royalty, IMHO.

Lynn

Dear friends, my opinion about the Xtrac box, with all the respect or a company called Xtrac, is that motorracing is one job and street development is another. That's why we do not build racing boxes.
The end of the story is that Xtrac is gonna spend a lot of money just because they do not know the targets for a street use. It is natural that synchronisation is not an opinion and this is more or less all you must know. Said like that it looks simple, but believe that to avoid a double bump is not the easyest thing of the world. Especially if you want to modify the cause and not the effect.
I wish all my best to those friends, but without a street vehicle expert, it is gonna be a waste of money.
Of course I will not tell those friends how to do, but they have all my respect for the route they have taken.
On top of it, the transverse lay out is tipical of motor racing. For a cofortable street use it is the worse solution. The income bevel gears are difficult to keep quiet and to synchronise.
The longitudinal 3 shafts lay out is the natural solution for meeting the handling matters and as well the weight and compactness targets that the car manufacturers are dreaming about.
Ferrari did one on the 355 and immediatly they left this solution as soon as they could.
It does fit in the Carrera GT thank to the primitivity of the vehicle, but not in a GT having as a target a kind of confort.
Regards
Wani

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
llarsen said:
Guys, we are in the presence of car builder royalty, IMHO.Lynn

IMHO, too!!

"Nox off your Sox" INDEED!

Doug

Blastolene guy here,I'm totaly lame when it comes to computors, I don't have any idea how to post what you ask. My web site is not maintained by me.
Here is my story, last year I got a Pantera, and that got me on a track, that changed my life. After starting to tear-up the Pantera ,and seeing GT-40's at track, Roy just sold my Pantera and has ordered a CAV for me! So I'm thinking 347 stroker w/webers,and my zf was ordered 2 mo. ago. Question, are 48 ida's best me? sorry about not posting this in a better place ,but i dont know how.
Randy

Ron Earp

Admin
Welcome to the forum Randy, you have some excellent cars you've built. I've lusted after the tank car, The Blastolene Special, for a long time! Nice GT40 too, Roy is a helpful fellow.

The forum is broken down into various subcategories based on topics. Go here:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/

Scroll up and down and kind of see how it all fits together. Use the search engine and type in "weber". You can try it here:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/search.php

Or from the top menu, click search and just type the term in the box. You'll have enough to read for one night! :)

Don't worry, you'll get the forum easily enough. You can do the things you do with cars, the forum isn't going to cause you any trouble!

Ron

Back