Brighton Speed Trials

1. Me - GTD40
  2. Roy Smart - GTD40
  3. Julian Kingston-Smith - GTD40
  4. Martin Weigold - GTD40
  5. Andrew Fordyce - E-Type Jaguar
  6. Julian Bailey-Watts - Aston Martin
  7. Steve Havelock - Corvette
  8. Bjorn Arnils - Viper GTS (Supercharged) / MG SV?
  9. Nadine Geary - Viper GTS (Supercharged) / Cobra Daytona Coupe?
Probably others but those are the ones that I'm aware of. :thumbsup:

Paul, is this the same Julian Bailey-Watts I've seen at Goodwood some time ago driving a light blue 40? That was a nice car! Don't know why that stuck in my mind...

Paul, is this the same Julian Bailey-Watts I've seen at Goodwood some time ago driving a light blue 40? That was a nice car! Don't know why that stuck in my mind...

Yep! - that would be him. He campaigned 'Suzi' the ex Bob Usher Sparks GTD40 with monster Chevy power and Porsche trans. Flippin' quick it was too.

He now pedals an Aston Martin in door-to-door racing and recently won his class so is on a bit of a high at the moment. (and who would'nt be :thumbsup:)

I'm really looking forward to seing his Aston, I've always liked them and funnily enough, I might have some 'Aston related' work on the horizon too.

Tim and I will be competing in the Handicap Class - still 1 signature away from an 'A' licence - with the RF '40, which should be ready by then.

Chris

Tim and I will be competing in the Handicap Class - still 1 signature away from an 'A' licence - with the RF '40, which should be ready by then.

Chris

Excellent! - nice one Chris.

I sort of figured you'd most likely be there, esp after using the 350z last year as it sort of gives you a taste of the fun/atmosphere but was not sure.

Look forward to catching up on things..

Yep! - that would be him. He campaigned 'Suzi' the ex Bob Usher Sparks GTD40 with monster Chevy power and Porsche trans. Flippin' quick it was too.

He now pedals an Aston Martin in door-to-door racing and recently won his class so is on a bit of a high at the moment. (and who would'nt be :thumbsup:)

I'm really looking forward to seing his Aston, I've always liked them and funnily enough, I might have some 'Aston related' work on the horizon too.

Next outing is Castle Combe on next bank holiday Monday - anyone going, if you there just come over and say hello, I would really appreciate every bit of support!

Julian

Attachments

• V85020609as.jpg
    V85020609as.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 314
Next outing is Castle Combe on next bank holiday Monday - anyone going, if you there just come over and say hello, I would really appreciate every bit of support!

Julian

Have a good time Julian - I'd have popped along for a look-see but will be at Oulton Park with the TVR Griff so will catch up with you at Brighton. :thumbsup:

Good luck to all the guys driving at Brighton, I will not be there as we are at Brands Hatch for a Sprint Championship round ( which Ian is leading ) . Could anyone tell me about Roy Wings entry of a GTD41 with a 2000 Turbo ? Frank

:thumbsup: does the speed trial day always have amazing weather?!! :sunny: grudgingly stayed away this year, but the last 2 i made it and it was perfect too!...or are you GTD types just a lucky bunch?!
you didn't tell me Nad that the 10.8 came with the bonnet off ;)

Great artical on Brighton Speed Trials in th November edition of Modified Classics - Retro Cars.

Brighton Rocks!

With nice shots of Andrews E-Type, several GT40's inc Martin W's and the Aston next to a Yellow Porsche Carrera GT!

Julian

Back