Caption Competition

G

Easy, it's the police garage scene in the French Connection.

Hi Jim

This is P1074 at Le Mans in 1968 in its final preparation for the Race. It was one of three Gulf Team cars and it shows off its Mirage chassis as can be scene by the squared-off section in front of the windscreen.
After leading the race it came into the pits with clutch trouble. The clutch was replaced after 80 minutes dropping the car into 33rd place, then just after midnight the engine blew up.

Chris

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Thank you Chris, and I agree BC is the leader so far.
Incidentally, in the Food for Thought dept, last weekend's Rolex 24hr at Daytona, a Ferrari 360 built by Michelotto was entered and run by the local team, Ferrari of Washington, DC, finishing 25th overall and 14th in class. This was a one-car team, whose aim was to finish the race running, according to them. I can't help but think wistfully that a GT40 would still be competitive in that race and similar ones. Maybe I just don't know much about racing in 2002...

G

Picture under websters definition of FUBAR

Two guys on right "but you had the assembly manual last, no you had it last,,,DID NOT,,, DID SO!!!"

guy in black t shirt, "dammit where did this extra rod bolt come from, I have got to lay off the booze"

"I never thought finding that celular phoe would be such a big job"
wink.gif

" I dont't care if it takes all day: POLISH EVERYTHING"

rolleyes.gif

Oh these damn British cars! Do any of you guys know which one of these things is the boot and which one is the bonnet?!!

Alright you buggers, the next time
someone asks you for a ride, make
sure they haven't just downed 4 pints
and some bangers!!!!

We'll never get rid of this stench.

Ian

grin.gif

Well, when I said "See if you can reduce its sprug weight and alter its aerodynamics" I didn't mean...

grin.gif

Hey Boss! The Ferrari team have been here again!

Back