'Car & Driver' Magazine Test of P/2192

ZFQ Delivered Price

So the Quaife ZF transaxles are in production and available. Could you quote the price that you paid for yours and the importation source?

Alan:

I've just paid the final bill and the Quaife ZFQ came in at $13,500 through Olthoff Racing. Apparently the exchange rate is playing havoc on the expected MSRP – though I'm told that the standard ZF is now going for $12k+.

By the way, Dennis Olthoff has been working with Chris and Martin on some final enhancements to the ZFQ. Having driven it over 1,000 miles last Thursday, I can tell you it works beautifully. Crisp and positive short throws – really nice.

Good luck!

Kim

Kim-
Great test results! Was the 0-60 time on Avon slicks or grooved tires?

Steve:

All the runs were performed on standard Avon CR6ZZ DOT-approved street tires, not race tires. We can only wonder what results slicks or grooved race tires might have produced!

Kim

Kim, do you have any idea when the article is going to hit the shelves?

I've been told 'sometime this year'. Apart from that, your guess is as good as mine. They've had it for a couple of months, so it could be in any upcoming issue. If I hear more I'll pass it on.

Kim

I contacted Car and Driver as I was considering advertising 2174 and 2175 in that issue. They were a bit unsure but they were thinking the November issue that goes on sale in October.

I just looked at the November issue of Car & Driver and didn't see the article. I guess we'll have to wait another month. Dissappointing......I was looking forward to it.

Rich.

New Date for Car & Driver Article

I've just heard from the editor at Car & Driver with an update. The author of the GT40 article, Larry Webster, has left for Popular Mechanics magazine, and this was his last writing assignment before leaving. I'm told that they now have it scheduled for the March edition, which means that it will hit the newsstands in early February.

If there are any further changes that I become aware of, I'll be sure to pass them along.

Kim

Thanks Kim,

Congrats on the national exposure for your car I am looking forward to the article.

What ring gear ratio are you using in you Transaxel?

TR

Back