Car Guys? , Buyers Regret

Ron Earp

Admin
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He made a statement that floored me. "Thats a lot of Bucks for a car with no engine or trans".

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for a car that will be worth twice what you have got into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The value statement doesn't seem to be holding up for anyone's replica. We all know about the auction car that crossed the block at a high sum, but that was a definite anomaly since there are CAVs, RFs, and ERA being offered at $70-80k complete - about what folks have in them.

But, in any case still a good price for such a great car!

Ron

I didn't buy this car to speculate. I bought it because it is so damn good looking and I have wanted one for years. I was going to buy a new GT when the price was supposed to be around $100,000.00, but when it went to $150.000.00, it went out of my price range. Now that I have the CAV I think I like it better than the new offering and I can work on it as I had a hand in assembling it. No need for the diaognostic center.
Infact I am now thinking of doing a MK 2 from parts and pieces just to save a few bucks. I have a cherry 427 (NOS) just waiting to go into something.

Vic
CAV 40

I don't know about you Vic, but if I had that motor I would put it into a new CSX Cobra with an aluminum body or the Superformance MKII when it becomes available. Just a thought.

Hey Pat I guess I never told you about this car.

Vic

Attachments

• 24898-Copy (3) of Cobra.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 164
[ QUOTE ]
The value statement doesn't seem to be holding up for anyone's replica.

[/ QUOTE ]

We know that, but the idiot doesn't. Besides, what it's worth on the open market is different to what it's worth to the owner. And there is the philosophical argument to compare it to other "like" cars.

You could just tell him "Apparently you don't know much about high end car values." or "Knowledgeable people would disagree with you." or "You're an A$$h*l*, get out of my garage." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vic,
You told me one time that your friends call your shop the exotic junk yard. Well, if thats the case I need an exotic
junk yard in my back yard! By the way, my biggest regret about buying a GT40 is that I didn't do it sooner.

It's a tube frame racecar for the street for heavens sake. What's the guy comparing it to, a C5? An IROC-Z?

Not only is it what you want Victor, it'll be exactly the way you want it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I agree that the open market value can be quite different! And, as for worth to the owner well you never can tell. I can say that if I finish getting mine built the way I want, and I think it will be, then it won't be something I'll be looking to sell any time soon. I know how much money I'll have in it but I'm sure it'll be worth more than that to me.

R

Back